NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» BS? Is anyone able to help please…
kelston - Kelston Ceramics New Zealand No Name and Victoria d070 and Westminster d619 ~ EmptyToday at 16:06 by tabbyland

» The Ferret would like help with these marks please ...
kelston - Kelston Ceramics New Zealand No Name and Victoria d070 and Westminster d619 ~ EmptyToday at 8:40 by Ev

» Large bowl with unknown mark.
kelston - Kelston Ceramics New Zealand No Name and Victoria d070 and Westminster d619 ~ EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
kelston - Kelston Ceramics New Zealand No Name and Victoria d070 and Westminster d619 ~ EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
kelston - Kelston Ceramics New Zealand No Name and Victoria d070 and Westminster d619 ~ EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
kelston - Kelston Ceramics New Zealand No Name and Victoria d070 and Westminster d619 ~ EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
kelston - Kelston Ceramics New Zealand No Name and Victoria d070 and Westminster d619 ~ EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
kelston - Kelston Ceramics New Zealand No Name and Victoria d070 and Westminster d619 ~ EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
kelston - Kelston Ceramics New Zealand No Name and Victoria d070 and Westminster d619 ~ EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

Kelston Ceramics New Zealand No Name and Victoria d070 and Westminster d619 ~

4 posters

Go down

kelston - Kelston Ceramics New Zealand No Name and Victoria d070 and Westminster d619 ~ Empty Kelston Ceramics New Zealand No Name and Victoria d070 and Westminster d619 ~

Post  HeatherT Sun 20 Sep - 17:55

kelston - Kelston Ceramics New Zealand No Name and Victoria d070 and Westminster d619 ~ Plates11

Sorry, no pattern name or number , just Kelston Ceramics New Zealand.

This one has Genuine Ironstone New Zealand on the base..

kelston - Kelston Ceramics New Zealand No Name and Victoria d070 and Westminster d619 ~ Plates10

Edits to add that this pattern is Victoria D070
HeatherT
HeatherT

Number of posts : 874
Interests: : Crown Lynn animals, swans and vases
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Back to top Go down

kelston - Kelston Ceramics New Zealand No Name and Victoria d070 and Westminster d619 ~ Empty Re: Kelston Ceramics New Zealand No Name and Victoria d070 and Westminster d619 ~

Post  Ev Sun 1 Sep - 16:55

Found this Victoria cup and it's the first cup I've seen in this pattern.
It doesn't have a brown band, so could belong to another Victoria pattern .... ?

kelston - Kelston Ceramics New Zealand No Name and Victoria d070 and Westminster d619 ~ Victor10
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

kelston - Kelston Ceramics New Zealand No Name and Victoria d070 and Westminster d619 ~ Empty Re: Kelston Ceramics New Zealand No Name and Victoria d070 and Westminster d619 ~

Post  unouwanit Sun 1 Sep - 17:51

I'd be interested to know if anyone has a pattern name for this. I've heard it refered to as Anemone, but as yet only pieces I have are genuine ironstone.

unouwanit

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 2 Sep - 11:21

unouwanit wrote:I'd be interested to know if anyone has a pattern name for this.  I've heard it refered to as Anemone, but as yet only pieces I have are genuine ironstone.
The pattern with Anemone flowers would have been one of the first No Name patterns posted on the site and no pattern name has come to light yet.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Wed 6 Jan - 9:06

Ev... I have a major issue with my pc ( so can't access my external hard-drive ATM so annoying ) but can you have a look at Westminster V's Victoria 070 - we spotted Westminster when going though the Portage Trust photos.
I have the "Victoria/Westminster flower - without the band. Wonder which is which? Edits On looking at my bb plate, its got a brown band but 5mm from the edge and its a warm speckle glaze. I think I may have a 3019 cup on with glaze with no band ( maybe???)

Edit... what I mean is Victoria in the gallery really Westminster ?

Last edited by JanPots on Wed 6 Jan - 10:07; edited 2 times in total
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 6 Jan - 9:21

Thanks for your email ....
The Westminster pattern from the Portage photos has an outer band.  
The Database has Westminster 619.
Perhaps Victoria is the one without the band?
Can you plug your hardrive into the laptop?

As people out there take our word as gospel it is necessary that we are as correct as possible and pick up on things like different coloured backgrounds and bands and things and try to solve the puzzles for our greater audience as nobody else is doing it.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Wed 6 Jan - 10:05

Ev.. Its really hard to say as the photo is a little grainy as far as glaze goes. The cup looks the part.
I have always known this pattern as Victoria without a band, so must have seen it somewhere in the past.

After looking at my bb plate, its got a brown band but 5mm from the edge and its a warm speckle glaze.
Personally I think Victoria is a white glaze and no band, someone must have it & with a back stamp too ??

Ev says : " As people out there take our word as gospel it is necessary that we are as correct as possible and pick up on things like different coloured backgrounds and bands and things and try to solve the puzzles for our greater audience as nobody else is doing it.""

Maybe we should have a disclaimer on the home page and also invite others to research too LOL
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 6 Jan - 10:11

I'm sure that I got the Victoria name and number from a Trade Me listing, but it was a very long time ago and I can't find it anywhere now and as I wasn't aware of background colours and bands having different names and numbers when we started out I cannot guarantee that it is correct.
The Portage photo shows a Clover background for Westminster and the mug above is on Clover.
Going out to a posh place for lunch today ..... Smile

It looks like I have this without the band on my old 2012 memory stick ...... I have no idea why I didn't post this here then. I have wondered about the Westminster though, but never looked into it and that is why you are so important to me Janice!
kelston - Kelston Ceramics New Zealand No Name and Victoria d070 and Westminster d619 ~ Victor10
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Wed 6 Jan - 18:55

Aw shuks Thank you Ev... I think we all make a great team of Pottery Enthusiasts :O)
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 6 Jan - 18:58

Heheee and I just noticed that the Westminster cup is the same as the one above.
Good Grief Rolling Eyes
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 20 Jan - 17:24

Crikey Westminster d619 doesn't have any band. We have one in the No Names from bopmum which I will give the correct name to.

Victoria is on Ash and has a brown line on flatware and the cup has no band.

So many variations!!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 21 Jan - 16:23

Still at a loss with these patterns and Janice has sent a photo of the Victoria d070 cup with the pattern name on it.

kelston - Kelston Ceramics New Zealand No Name and Victoria d070 and Westminster d619 ~ Victor11

Janice also sent this pic ... maybe she will explain ...
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

kelston - Kelston Ceramics New Zealand No Name and Victoria d070 and Westminster d619 ~ Empty Victoria pattern

Post  JanPots Sat 23 Jan - 9:35

Darn it... I can't locate this cup in my so called organisation of boxed cups. Lol. But I am 99% certain it has Victoria 070 back stamp as per the photo above. Now.... to add to the mystery. .. I have a bb plate that has a light speckle glaze.kelston - Kelston Ceramics New Zealand No Name and Victoria d070 and Westminster d619 ~ 20160112
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sat 23 Jan - 18:46

OK so there are a few of these patterns and we only have Victoria and Westminster so far. If any have names and numbers, we will go with them. Your job Janice Smile
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 16 Apr - 10:07

Janice this is another one that is bugging me.

I've put your cup with the Victoria d070 pattern name and number into the gallery, but there are all of the others to sort out, just like Red Lake !!! Bah Humbug
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Mon 16 Apr - 17:00

Victoria pattern on 3038 cup shape. I need a chair to reach it hahaha
Red lake..I have a set of 3 which I am sure are different than this one hanging
kelston - Kelston Ceramics New Zealand No Name and Victoria d070 and Westminster d619 ~ 20180420
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum