NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Shape - New Orzel shape and tulip back stamp for gallery EmptyYesterday at 19:37 by Maryr

» Cornwall Collection d836 Contemporary Ceramics
Shape - New Orzel shape and tulip back stamp for gallery EmptyYesterday at 13:12 by Ev

» Mark James Canvastown Marlborough
Shape - New Orzel shape and tulip back stamp for gallery EmptySat 27 Apr - 7:23 by Ev

» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Shape - New Orzel shape and tulip back stamp for gallery EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Shape - New Orzel shape and tulip back stamp for gallery EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Shape - New Orzel shape and tulip back stamp for gallery EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Shape - New Orzel shape and tulip back stamp for gallery EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Shape - New Orzel shape and tulip back stamp for gallery EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Shape - New Orzel shape and tulip back stamp for gallery EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

New Orzel shape and tulip back stamp for gallery

2 posters

Go down

Shape - New Orzel shape and tulip back stamp for gallery Empty New Orzel shape and tulip back stamp for gallery

Post  haselnuss Wed 14 Oct - 14:01

A year or so ago there was a letter on the Titian blog from Cameron Brown senior to a lady which explained some of the back stamps and names used by Titian/Orzel also who they sold their wares too. It has since been removed.

I remember that Cameron wrote about bath salt/foam containers with a tulip as a back stamp. I think I have found two of them.

The Orzel 101 is already in the gallery and I think is the proof that these tulip back stamp containers were made by Orzel.
Shape - New Orzel shape and tulip back stamp for gallery Dscn5429

The new shape.
Shape - New Orzel shape and tulip back stamp for gallery Dscn5430
haselnuss
haselnuss

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Shape - New Orzel shape and tulip back stamp for gallery Empty Re: New Orzel shape and tulip back stamp for gallery

Post  Jeremy Ashford Fri 30 Oct - 16:05

I just picked up one of the third shape above from The Cave in Kawakawa. Thanks Val for telling us the shop was there. They remembered your visit. I can't believe I've never been in there before but at four years in operation it opened after Dad's death so it wasn't on my beaten trail.

Anyway, third shape, in first glaze. I couldn't believe it was an Orzel glaze as it looks more like something from Royal-Oak-SAMA but the orange glaze on second piece certainly looks like Titian-Orzel.

So, hasenuss, is that third shape something to do with the bathroom too?
Only use I could see for it is an oil lamp!
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Shape - New Orzel shape and tulip back stamp for gallery Empty Re: New Orzel shape and tulip back stamp for gallery

Post  haselnuss Fri 30 Oct - 16:41

It could have been for bath oil. I found one this week including the original cork.
haselnuss
haselnuss

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum