NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Ferret would like help with these marks please ...
design - CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on  Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 EmptyToday at 8:40 by Ev

» Large bowl with unknown mark.
design - CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on  Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
design - CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on  Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
design - CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on  Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
design - CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on  Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
design - CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on  Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
design - CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on  Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
design - CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on  Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
design - CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on  Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997

4 posters

Go down

design - CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on  Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 Empty CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997

Post  Jonno Fri 23 Oct - 15:49

design - CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on  Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 Img_3226
design - CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on  Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 Img_3228

Here is a new display or cake plate that I can't find on the gallery in particular I have not seen a gold edge trim as well before .
Stnd. Dinner Plate 255mmDia.
Jonno
Jonno

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Back to top Go down

design - CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on  Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 Empty Re: CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997

Post  Ev Fri 23 Oct - 17:47

Thanks Jonno, I will look at the plate shape and I'm sure the pattern has a name, but I need time to research both, so it won't be today. Please nudge me if it takes me too long to respond.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

design - CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on  Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 Empty re CL FRUIT DESIGN & GOLD EDGE ON APOLLO DP.

Post  Jonno Fri 23 Oct - 20:21

Thanks Ev,
Of course I will be patient, and I have seen another similar plate but didn't have my camera today.
Should be able to get a photo on Tuesday and there are another two smaller dishes that I can't see on the gallery at the same shop. Will catch them as well.

Looking forward to the Museum day next month.
Jonno
Jonno

Back to top Go down

design - CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on  Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 Empty Re: CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997

Post  Ev Mon 26 Oct - 16:13

Hi Jonno,

I hope to catch up with you at the Roadshow Very Happy

Now I haven't found an Apollo Cake Plate/Server shape yet, but will keep an eye out for it.  I did see the plate in an advert and it was in a box saying Avondale Selection Fine Giftware, which hasn't helped very much.  The pattern however is listed as
Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 with the three different fruits having the same number and they can be found on various shaped plates,
so I will add it to the Gallery thank you!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

design - CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on  Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 Empty Re: CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on Apollo DP.

Post  Jonno Mon 26 Oct - 19:04

Thanks Ev,
Will try and get some photos of the others tomorrow.
Yes looking forward to the November meet and have been digging out some of my
now mini collection to take some pieces for comment on the day.
Jonno
Jonno

Back to top Go down

design - CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on  Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 Empty Re: CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on Apollo DP.

Post  Jonno Wed 4 Nov - 17:33

Ev.
One plate the same as the gold edge I posted but plain edge & no BS the other has a different fruit transfer design and no Gold edge or BS. The two smaller plates had already sold before I got back. This one is strawberries , plums & grapes. Did you mean that these fruit based central designs used the same number?

design - CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on  Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 Img_3229
Jonno
Jonno

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 4 Nov - 17:36

Yes the pattern number is the same for these fruit decals. Thank you though, as I have been meaning to get around to posting some for years ...... and years
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonno Wed 4 Nov - 22:23

My pleasure to provide you with the "Round Tuit" for getting the job done.
Jonno
Jonno

Back to top Go down

Post  BrunoL Wed 21 Dec - 17:34

Hi Team,

Question about this pattern name and number - does it still apply to desert bowls?

I've got the following items in this shape:
Dinner-plate sized, with gold coloured edge - Avondale Fine Giftware
Jam-dish sized, no gold edging - Genuine Ironstone New Zealand
Bowl-shaped, with gold edging - Genuine Ironstone New Zealand

The reason I ask is the "Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997" seems an awfully specific name, and doesn't quite fit for a bowl.

design - CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on  Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 30935353994_178297e999

design - CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on  Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 31629691362_63a10c8773

design - CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on  Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 30936280064_3864c26e37
(This isn't the bowl in question but is a neat dish as well - used to hold truffles earlier today at work)
BrunoL
BrunoL

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2016-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 21 Dec - 20:30

I think the patterns are the same, but I'm not sure if they will have the same name and number on those different shapes.  I will have to spend some time checking it all out and I will let you know what I find Bruno.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BrunoL Wed 21 Dec - 20:39

Thanks Ev,

no rush at all for the information. I ended up with six of the bowls, all with the same strawberries transfer if that helps.

Just in time for the Christmas table (as small serving bowls rather than to eat off - tried using one as a cereal bowl but could feel the spoon scrape over the transfer so quickly changed plan!)
BrunoL
BrunoL

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 22 Dec - 8:16

Yesterday I found the 4027 Apollo Fruit and now I realise that it is the same shape as our little fluted dishes that have lithos on them as yours does above. 
I found a photo of the Cake Plate and it had a server with it in a gift box on a page from the Crockery Shops about the Avondale Selection ware. 
The little dishes were there also in boxed sets ideal for gifts. 
There was no pattern name or number, but I will keep an alert out for them. 
The dessert bowl is bound to have it's own name and number, any idea what shape it is?

Edits to add that I looked on the Database and found Fruit Set d985
and also Fruit Series x 4 (no number) and could well be one and the same as there are 4 different Fruit patterns.  I will think about it for a while as it could refer to the dessert bowls or the little 4027's couldn't it?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BrunoL Thu 22 Dec - 10:14

HI again Ev,

the bowl shape would be the 4023 Fluted Oatmeal bowl (we had one of them at work when the gold-rimmed bowls arrived).

I have two of the 4017 bowls and they both have pears on them, but I did have a third with the peach transfer as well (didn't keep it as that terrible crazing all the way through) so it is probably that at least three variations exist (peach transfer, pear transfer, strawberry transfer) the same way the cake platters do.

d985 also comes upon the gallery as Roberta d985?
BrunoL
BrunoL

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 22 Dec - 10:38

They used Pattern numbers many times over Smile

I will add the page with these dishes on it for a day or so and they show 4 using two different patterns.

design - CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on  Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 Dscf1210

I tried switching my brain off from being creative and emotional for a few minutes to find some logic and I think I succeeded cheers

The name of these dishes are Small Fruit Dishes, so surely they must be the
Fruit Set d985, can someone back me up on this ./....,....

I have 4 dishes in the 4027 shape now and yes the plain one is 2mm bigger than the others .....

design - CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on  Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 Fruit_10
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Thu 22 Dec - 13:55

Fruit Set is a boxed set of 4 like in the Avondale Selection Pic's?..yep why not. cat
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2311
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  BrunoL Sun 25 Dec - 11:03

The serving suggestion of the strawberry transfer in these bowls looks pretty good in real life too - though with scorched almonds instead of plums Smile

design - CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on  Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 31703504532_9d4361acc8

Merry Christmas everybody.
BrunoL
BrunoL

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 26 Dec - 7:34

Great photo thanks Bruno Very Happy
I used as much Crown Lynn as I could yesterday and it looked great.

Jonno sent me this about the patterns on the small Fruit dishes:

1. Peaches/Plums/Grapes
2. Peaches/Pears/Strawberries
3. Strawberries/Plums/Grapes
4. Pears/Grapes/Blueberries?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BrunoL Mon 26 Dec - 11:03

Wonderful - thanks Ev. And we appear to have three of them pictured in this thread so far which is great. If I make them out correctly we have:

1. Peaches/Plums/Grapes - Jonno's plate with gold trim; in your collage
2. Peaches/Pears/Strawberries - ?
3. Strawberries/Plums/Grapes - your small fruit dishes; Jonno's plate without gold trim; my oatmeal bowl and plate
4. Pears/Grapes/Blueberries - my small fruit dishes; in your collage
BrunoL
BrunoL

Back to top Go down

Post  BrunoL Wed 28 Dec - 10:51

Hi again all,

just found this this listing on gumtree.com.au which has my six 4023 Fluted Oatmeal bowls featured, along with a larger 4026 Fluted Apollo Salad Bowl. The all feature the Strawberries/Plums/Grapes transfer and the gold rim. It has a later version of the Genuine Ironstone backstamp as well (in black - mine has the backstamp in green).

I wonder if they were all sold as a single set together?
BrunoL
BrunoL

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 28 Dec - 11:09

BrunoL wrote:
I wonder if they were all sold as a single set together?

I could imagine that as a real possibility with the matching gold rims. 
A Gift Set perhaps. . ..
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 21 Feb - 14:56

Found the pattern name for the small 4027 dishes cheers

Gift Dishes d986/01 Peaches, d986/02 Pears on Shape 4027

design - CL Fruit Design & Gold edge on  Apollo is Cake Plate/Server Peaches, Pears, Strawberries d997 Gift_d10

Adding your photo to the Gallery thanks BrunoL Very Happy
Just need to find a Peaches one!

Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum