NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Rancich/Silva Shape 58
blue - Large Blue speckled bowl - Nelson? EmptyYesterday at 14:46 by JanPots

» Glenn Beattie
blue - Large Blue speckled bowl - Nelson? EmptyYesterday at 11:32 by Ev

» NOT a Sherwood Pottery Galleon, as Made in Japan
blue - Large Blue speckled bowl - Nelson? EmptyYesterday at 8:45 by Ev

» Minna Bondy
blue - Large Blue speckled bowl - Nelson? EmptySun 5 May - 7:29 by Ev

» Jan Gillespie
blue - Large Blue speckled bowl - Nelson? EmptyWed 1 May - 8:02 by Kat & Co.

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
blue - Large Blue speckled bowl - Nelson? EmptyTue 30 Apr - 15:34 by Maryr

» Hamilton Boys High and Old Folks Assoc. Hamilton Badgeware
blue - Large Blue speckled bowl - Nelson? EmptyTue 30 Apr - 14:54 by JanPots

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
blue - Large Blue speckled bowl - Nelson? EmptyMon 29 Apr - 16:33 by signal red

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
blue - Large Blue speckled bowl - Nelson? EmptyMon 29 Apr - 16:22 by Ev

Large Blue speckled bowl - Nelson?

3 posters

Go down

blue - Large Blue speckled bowl - Nelson? Empty Large Blue speckled bowl - Nelson?

Post  nzmade Tue 27 Oct - 11:11

Hi everyone, this beautiful bowl has a mark that is quite hard to read, pretty sure it says 'made in New Zealand' and underneath ___ pottery, Nelson. I can't find who the ___ is. Also, is this glaze called graniteware or speckled or mottled? I really have no idea, thanks!

I've tried to 'host' the picture but it doesn't show up anywhere.. help!

Last edited by nzmade on Tue 27 Oct - 11:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no photo showing)

nzmade

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-10-27

Back to top Go down

blue - Large Blue speckled bowl - Nelson? Empty Re: Large Blue speckled bowl - Nelson?

Post  mumof1 Tue 27 Oct - 12:00

Hi nzmade, try this on the 5th grey panel along or last on top line, hit the image icon (first in that panel), hit choose file, choose the photo from your files, then hit open. Once your file name appears, hit Host it. Once it has loaded, there will be three lines, click on the middle line (Image) to highlight it, then right click and copy. Then paste it to the dialogue (like this one) box where you can also type info about the photo, and you are done. To check if it is all ok, click the Preview button at the bottom of the box to see the post before you SEND it, and if you need to make changes you can go back to the dialogue box and make them. If it doesn't work, you can send to the site at newzealandpottery@gmail.com and we will post the photo for you. Looking forward to seeing this piece from our sunny Nelson!
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2360
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

blue - Large Blue speckled bowl - Nelson? Empty Re: Large Blue speckled bowl - Nelson?

Post  Ev Tue 27 Oct - 12:23

I saw this on the Trademe Collectors Forum. I haven't worked out how to post links on my new smartie phone!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17738
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  nzmade Tue 27 Oct - 13:13

Hey thank you for your replies, yes I popped it on the trademe forum so far the suggestion has been that the glaze is similar to that of Hanmer Springs pottery.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/34/74/62/42106312.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/34/74/62/42106314.jpg

I think I've done it. I hope so anyway..

Last edited by nzmade on Tue 27 Oct - 17:29; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : additional comment)

nzmade

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 27 Oct - 18:54

This is niggling away at me as I've seen something similar, but nothing is coming through the darkness! Not sure that I've ever seen Hamner Springs work like this and they have a little triangle with an H inside on the base of their work. It's frustrating when I can't get an answer!!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nzmade Tue 27 Oct - 18:59

Thanks I appreciate your help on this. Perhaps you could also help me, why can't I see photos on threads that people have posted (unless there is a link to click on) I see people are talking about an image which can be seen by everyone else, but just doesn't show anything for me. This is my first day here and I can tell that this website is going to become a wonderful pastime.

nzmade

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 27 Oct - 19:04

Hmmm I haven't come across that question before.  
There is in place a safety feature that stops new members from posting links or photos for the first week to overcome the spam problem and this works well, but is a damn nuisance for new members who seriously want help.  If I turn off that feature then the spam flood gates open.  
But just for you I will open them for a time.  Let me know if it helps your predicament.  We are all NZ Pottery addicts on this site Very Happy

Is that the Mapua stamp on the bowl base?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nzmade Tue 27 Oct - 19:21

Ev wrote:Hmmm I haven't come across that question before.  
There is in place a safety feature that stops new members from posting links or photos for the first week to overcome the spam problem and this works well, but is a damn nuisance for new members who seriously want help.  If I turn off that feature then the spam flood gates open.  
But just for you I will open them for a time.  Let me know if it helps your predicament.  We are all NZ Pottery addicts on this site Very Happy

Is that the Mapua stamp on the bowl base?  

Oo Could be Mapua I'll search for that tonight, the one word I need is the hardest to read, typical! Feel free to close the flood gates again it must be me and my browser, I just tried looking via google chrome and I can see everything - yay! I will just use that from now on Smile

nzmade

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Tue 27 Oct - 20:04

Thought I would mention that there is a difference between Hanmer Pottery and Hanmer Springs Pottery, but Hanmer Springs Pottery usually uses an italics font of some sort, see Kat's post https://www.newzealandpottery.net/t5068-hanmer-springs-pottery?highlight=hanmer for the mark. nzmade, if you have a photo program like Picasa 3, try editing the photo to black and white and then tool around with highlights and darkness to bring up the stamp, it sometimes helps.
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2360
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 28 Oct - 6:55

I checked out the Mapua Ware stamp last night and it says Richmond, so I don't think it is a match.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum