NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
dinner - Temuka Alpine Mist Dinner Plates Wanted EmptyYesterday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
dinner - Temuka Alpine Mist Dinner Plates Wanted EmptyYesterday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
dinner - Temuka Alpine Mist Dinner Plates Wanted EmptyYesterday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
dinner - Temuka Alpine Mist Dinner Plates Wanted EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
dinner - Temuka Alpine Mist Dinner Plates Wanted EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
dinner - Temuka Alpine Mist Dinner Plates Wanted EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
dinner - Temuka Alpine Mist Dinner Plates Wanted EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
dinner - Temuka Alpine Mist Dinner Plates Wanted EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
dinner - Temuka Alpine Mist Dinner Plates Wanted EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

Temuka Alpine Mist Dinner Plates Wanted

3 posters

Go down

dinner - Temuka Alpine Mist Dinner Plates Wanted Empty Temuka Alpine Mist Dinner Plates Wanted

Post  cste005 Sun 29 Nov - 20:34

Hi,

I'm after 6-8 Temuka Alpine Mist Dinner Plates, mine are really showing their age (knife marks) so I'd like to get some in nice condition and continue to use it daily. If anyone knows of any of has some to sell let me know.

All my Alpine Mist is the (I think) older series where the colouring is lighter. I was told the darker items were a later release, but this could be wrong. Would be nice to get a confirmation on this too.

Thanks

cste005

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-11-29

Back to top Go down

dinner - Temuka Alpine Mist Dinner Plates Wanted Empty Re: Temuka Alpine Mist Dinner Plates Wanted

Post  Thelma Sun 29 Nov - 21:58

Hi, I have heard that the paler version is the older one, darker design is newer. Also, they changed the shape of dessert bowls to a larger one too, as the earlier ones were so small in comparison to the rest of the plates. I have a complete set of Alpine Mist here in both shades but prefer the darker one. Still using the smaller dessert bowls but the rest is packed away in the container since we moved house last year.
Thelma
Thelma

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

dinner - Temuka Alpine Mist Dinner Plates Wanted Empty Re: Temuka Alpine Mist Dinner Plates Wanted

Post  Ev Mon 30 Nov - 6:29

Hi there and welcome to the site Smile

There are quite a few listings on Trade Me for Alpine Mist ...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/SearchResults.aspx?searchString=alpine+mist&type=Search&searchType=7507&generalSearch_keypresses=8&generalSearch_suggested=0&generalSearch_suggestedCategory=

Here are the expired listings which show what the listings sold for and it looks like this is a popular pattern ..

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/SearchResults.aspx?from=advanced&advanced=true&searchstring=alpine+mist&current=0&cid=7507&rptpath=340-2609-&sort_order=default&searchregion=100
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  cste005 Mon 30 Nov - 8:59

Thanks for that EV, but yes I've been trawling trademe for quite some time and have yet to turn up any dinner plates. I've bought many other things from there in Alpine Mist but no dinner plates yet, but certainly I'll keep searching.

Last edited by cste005 on Mon 30 Nov - 14:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

cste005

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-11-29

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum