NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Ferret would like help with these marks please ...
bowl - For gallery Kermiko Pacific Originals bowl.  EmptyToday at 8:40 by Ev

» Large bowl with unknown mark.
bowl - For gallery Kermiko Pacific Originals bowl.  EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
bowl - For gallery Kermiko Pacific Originals bowl.  EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
bowl - For gallery Kermiko Pacific Originals bowl.  EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
bowl - For gallery Kermiko Pacific Originals bowl.  EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
bowl - For gallery Kermiko Pacific Originals bowl.  EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
bowl - For gallery Kermiko Pacific Originals bowl.  EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
bowl - For gallery Kermiko Pacific Originals bowl.  EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
bowl - For gallery Kermiko Pacific Originals bowl.  EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

For gallery Kermiko Pacific Originals bowl.

4 posters

Go down

bowl - For gallery Kermiko Pacific Originals bowl.  Empty For gallery Kermiko Pacific Originals bowl.

Post  Maryr Mon 7 Mar - 8:18

I dropped this bowl from a great height and it is now more glue than china, but still here's a pic. Width 22, height 8.5. Interestingly this carries both the designers name and the name of the person who painted it - Vanessa... (sorry it's upside down!)
bowl - For gallery Kermiko Pacific Originals bowl.  Pacifi10
bowl - For gallery Kermiko Pacific Originals bowl.  Pacifi11bowl - For gallery Kermiko Pacific Originals bowl.  Pacifi12
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1971
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

bowl - For gallery Kermiko Pacific Originals bowl.  Empty Re: For gallery Kermiko Pacific Originals bowl.

Post  Kat & Co. Mon 7 Mar - 9:41

Just wondering if Gaylene Rees-George the designer could be connected with Splashy, the fish look similar style to me.. cat
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2311
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

bowl - For gallery Kermiko Pacific Originals bowl.  Empty Re: For gallery Kermiko Pacific Originals bowl.

Post  Jeremy Ashford Mon 7 Mar - 9:50

Kat, I read a history of Splashy somewhere and it may not have been here.
With a change of ownership the artwork changed completely and I think the new owner said that the work we are now familiar with as Splashy is her own. Not sure who she was though. Back to google.

Done:

Sharon Medhurst.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/business/4548852/Clay-makes-splash
from 2011

I think the original artist, Peter Faulkner, was an art school graduate.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Mon 7 Mar - 10:10

Ta for that.. the Splashy website wasnt much help.
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2311
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 7 Mar - 10:18

I saw a Splashy fish on a Steiner piece the other day, so I think they went from one pottery to another for one reason or another .......
Great info thanks Jeremy and I must check out their website.
http://www.splashy.co.nz/
So they are the ones who make the pottery stems for glasses that haselnuss posted recently and there were a few familiar mug shapes too. Not many Splashy fish on things, just a few.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17667
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Mon 7 Mar - 10:24

There was a signed Peter Faulkner Splashy piece on tm last year that I followed up on, in case you'll were wondering where I pulled that name from, a toothbrush holder like Anne's one but so different.

Last edited by Jeremy Ashford on Mon 7 Mar - 12:01; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 7 Mar - 10:36

This one?
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:8EZlkGkiypwJ:www.trademe.co.nz/pottery-glass/porcelain-pottery/other-nz-manufacturers/auction-1030636019.htm+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=nz

Peter Faulkner info ...
http://herdofcowsmorrinsville.co.nz/cows/rotamoo/
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17667
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Mon 7 Mar - 12:00

Yes indeed Ev.

I used just part of that link you left:

www.trademe.co.nz/pottery-glass/porcelain-pottery/other-nz-manufacturers/auction-1030636019.htm+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=nz

I hadn't noticed that it was still on tm this year: I was looking at it in November.

I really love it but am already oversubscribed for toothbrush holders.

I stand corrected on Peter Faulkner's background. But I do think his artwork is amazing.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum