NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Cornwall Collection d836 Contemporary Ceramics
Shape - This is a beautiful Hand Potted Shape 9 Hand Painted with flowers. EmptyToday at 13:12 by Ev

» Mark James Canvastown Marlborough
Shape - This is a beautiful Hand Potted Shape 9 Hand Painted with flowers. EmptyYesterday at 7:23 by Ev

» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Shape - This is a beautiful Hand Potted Shape 9 Hand Painted with flowers. EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Shape - This is a beautiful Hand Potted Shape 9 Hand Painted with flowers. EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Shape - This is a beautiful Hand Potted Shape 9 Hand Painted with flowers. EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Shape - This is a beautiful Hand Potted Shape 9 Hand Painted with flowers. EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Shape - This is a beautiful Hand Potted Shape 9 Hand Painted with flowers. EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Shape - This is a beautiful Hand Potted Shape 9 Hand Painted with flowers. EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Shape - This is a beautiful Hand Potted Shape 9 Hand Painted with flowers. EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

This is a beautiful Hand Potted Shape 9 Hand Painted with flowers.

2 posters

Go down

Shape - This is a beautiful Hand Potted Shape 9 Hand Painted with flowers. Empty This is a beautiful Hand Potted Shape 9 Hand Painted with flowers.

Post  Ev Mon 2 May - 12:24

I am so pleased to finally have a piece of Hand Potted, especially this one that has been painted pretty flowers.  The base has the old Crown Lynn stamp and doesn't have the Hand Potted stamp, but it's easy for me to tell that it was hand made.  The footring is very scrawny and would be rather fragile, but there are no chips yet.
The Ceramic Artist hasn't signed their work and I'm trying to work out if it has been done with Ceramic Paints, or Oils.  It has the texture of oils which makes me wonder if Harwyn decorated these Hand Potted vases too.  This must be from the late 1940's I would suggest.

Shape - This is a beautiful Hand Potted Shape 9 Hand Painted with flowers. Dscf2918

Is it possible that this could be a shape 6 ?  I'm not very familiar with these numbers.

Shape - This is a beautiful Hand Potted Shape 9 Hand Painted with flowers. Dscf2919
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17731
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Shape - This is a beautiful Hand Potted Shape 9 Hand Painted with flowers. Empty Re: This is a beautiful Hand Potted Shape 9 Hand Painted with flowers.

Post  mumof1 Mon 2 May - 20:16

It is really lovely Ev! I do like those flowers, and I think it is a 9 as the leg is straight. It looks like an early version of the other 9 in the gallery, well done!
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2360
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum