NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Ferret would like help with these marks please ...
bowl - Nice bowl & I should know the mark???  It is Arnaud Barraud's mark EmptyToday at 8:40 by Ev

» Large bowl with unknown mark.
bowl - Nice bowl & I should know the mark???  It is Arnaud Barraud's mark EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
bowl - Nice bowl & I should know the mark???  It is Arnaud Barraud's mark EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
bowl - Nice bowl & I should know the mark???  It is Arnaud Barraud's mark EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
bowl - Nice bowl & I should know the mark???  It is Arnaud Barraud's mark EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
bowl - Nice bowl & I should know the mark???  It is Arnaud Barraud's mark EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
bowl - Nice bowl & I should know the mark???  It is Arnaud Barraud's mark EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
bowl - Nice bowl & I should know the mark???  It is Arnaud Barraud's mark EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
bowl - Nice bowl & I should know the mark???  It is Arnaud Barraud's mark EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

Nice bowl & I should know the mark??? It is Arnaud Barraud's mark

3 posters

Go down

bowl - Nice bowl & I should know the mark???  It is Arnaud Barraud's mark Empty Nice bowl & I should know the mark??? It is Arnaud Barraud's mark

Post  mike67 Wed 13 Jul - 16:43

This is a very nicely made and glazed bowl. 200 mm in diameter. Beautiful duck egg blue on the inside.
bowl - Nice bowl & I should know the mark???  It is Arnaud Barraud's mark Img_9511bowl - Nice bowl & I should know the mark???  It is Arnaud Barraud's mark Img_9510
mike67
mike67

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

bowl - Nice bowl & I should know the mark???  It is Arnaud Barraud's mark Empty Re: Nice bowl & I should know the mark??? It is Arnaud Barraud's mark

Post  Ev Wed 13 Jul - 21:07

I want to say Arnaud Barraud, but it is a little different?????
Yet it's beautifully made like his work always is .......

https://www.newzealandpottery.net/gallery/New-Zealand-Potters-Marks/ABCD/Barraud-Arnaud-pic_2939.htm
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17667
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

bowl - Nice bowl & I should know the mark???  It is Arnaud Barraud's mark Empty Re: Nice bowl & I should know the mark??? It is Arnaud Barraud's mark

Post  teaandcoffee Wed 13 Jul - 21:11

Did Arnaud Barraud ever work in porcelain? Maybe he did, but I don't remember seeing any examples.

teaandcoffee

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2012-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post  mike67 Thu 14 Jul - 8:14

Thanks Ev. Pretty sure you are right after "googling" his name. He does work in porcelain and I found the same shaped bowl with the speckled inside. Also saw a few variations on that AB device used. Thanks again.
mike67
mike67

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 14 Jul - 8:17

Excellent Mike as I didn't go looking, but when I did just now I saw this was his mark right away.
T&C most of the potters I knew dabbled in porcelain as we fired to stoneware/porcelain temps.
I will add this one to the Marks Gallery thanks Smile
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17667
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum