NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mark James Canvastown Marlborough
New marks Artika and Chelsea Crafts and Maggie Treweek  EmptyToday at 7:23 by Ev

» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
New marks Artika and Chelsea Crafts and Maggie Treweek  EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
New marks Artika and Chelsea Crafts and Maggie Treweek  EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
New marks Artika and Chelsea Crafts and Maggie Treweek  EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
New marks Artika and Chelsea Crafts and Maggie Treweek  EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
New marks Artika and Chelsea Crafts and Maggie Treweek  EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
New marks Artika and Chelsea Crafts and Maggie Treweek  EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
New marks Artika and Chelsea Crafts and Maggie Treweek  EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
New marks Artika and Chelsea Crafts and Maggie Treweek  EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

New marks Artika and Chelsea Crafts and Maggie Treweek

4 posters

Go down

New marks Artika and Chelsea Crafts and Maggie Treweek  Empty New marks Artika and Chelsea Crafts and Maggie Treweek

Post  Maryr Thu 25 Aug - 17:29

Items from my travels.  The Artika mug is made by folding a slab of clay - weird but quite dramatic.  The Chelsea Crafts item looks like a short-lived enterprise using not very good quality blanks from some hobby ceramics supplier.  But they did have stickers printed so they deserve recoginition!
New marks Artika and Chelsea Crafts and Maggie Treweek  26-mug10New marks Artika and Chelsea Crafts and Maggie Treweek  27-mug10

New marks Artika and Chelsea Crafts and Maggie Treweek  09-che10
New marks Artika and Chelsea Crafts and Maggie Treweek  11-che10New marks Artika and Chelsea Crafts and Maggie Treweek  10-che10

And nobody is to say a word about this!  Some kind of hobby pottery class product but it does have a certain eccentric charm.  Very lumpy and clunky.  By MT N.Z.  I think it is a vase.
New marks Artika and Chelsea Crafts and Maggie Treweek  36-odd10New marks Artika and Chelsea Crafts and Maggie Treweek  37-odd10
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

New marks Artika and Chelsea Crafts and Maggie Treweek  Empty Re: New marks Artika and Chelsea Crafts and Maggie Treweek

Post  Jeremy Ashford Thu 25 Aug - 17:53

Artika mug is cool.

Lumpy clunky is beautifully decorated.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

New marks Artika and Chelsea Crafts and Maggie Treweek  Empty Re: New marks Artika and Chelsea Crafts and Maggie Treweek

Post  ArtikA Fri 5 Oct - 11:19

Fun to see one of my cups here. That model I used to call the Shark cup, because while holding when making them the handles reminded me of shark fins.
Enjoy!

FYI: A set of two (Abbots) white clay shark cups (Egg Yellow and Royal Blue glazed) got selected for the National Ceramics Exhibition at Te Papa in 1999
ArtikA
ArtikA

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2018-10-05

MonG likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryr Fri 5 Oct - 11:47

Artika thank you for responding. It is always SO good to hear from the actual maker. Do you have a pic of the mugs that were shown atTe Papa?
Maryr
Maryr

Back to top Go down

Post  ArtikA Sun 7 Oct - 0:31

Dear Maryr,

I could only find one image which I've made my profile picture.

Warm regards
ArtikA
ArtikA

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2018-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryr Sun 7 Oct - 7:34

Looks great. Thank you. My original mug of yours happily resides on Jeremy's mug shelves.
Maryr
Maryr

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 11 Apr - 7:11

Val, the MT NZ mark is that of Maggie Treweek and is already in the Gallery, so there will be other works of hers on here Smile
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17729
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Hannele likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum