Latest topics
» Stewart Pottery Pictures and Brochures
white -  slab-formed face mug with big nose (moustache cup) and thrown mug with white eyes EmptyToday at 8:33 by Ev

» Peter Johnson mark ...
white -  slab-formed face mug with big nose (moustache cup) and thrown mug with white eyes EmptyToday at 7:46 by Ev

» A Popular Topics Newsletter arrived in my email inbox today
white -  slab-formed face mug with big nose (moustache cup) and thrown mug with white eyes EmptyToday at 6:57 by dbp2

» Gary Bowden from sid's collection
white -  slab-formed face mug with big nose (moustache cup) and thrown mug with white eyes EmptyYesterday at 17:32 by Ev

» Stewart Pottery Pictures and Brochures 4
white -  slab-formed face mug with big nose (moustache cup) and thrown mug with white eyes EmptyYesterday at 14:58 by ppzaz2

» Claire Bunby
white -  slab-formed face mug with big nose (moustache cup) and thrown mug with white eyes EmptyYesterday at 13:33 by Ev

» PW? Anyone recognise this mark please?
white -  slab-formed face mug with big nose (moustache cup) and thrown mug with white eyes EmptyYesterday at 12:23 by Ev

» Flower Beauty
white -  slab-formed face mug with big nose (moustache cup) and thrown mug with white eyes EmptyYesterday at 10:48 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi Portfolio/crown lynn
white -  slab-formed face mug with big nose (moustache cup) and thrown mug with white eyes EmptyTue 23 Apr - 18:03 by Maryr

slab-formed face mug with big nose (moustache cup) and thrown mug with white eyes

Go down

white -  slab-formed face mug with big nose (moustache cup) and thrown mug with white eyes Empty slab-formed face mug with big nose (moustache cup) and thrown mug with white eyes

Post  Jeremy Ashford on Sat 22 Oct - 10:53

slab-formed face mug, moustache cup

This mug is quite crudely formed from heavy slab with a discrete join at the handle line. Looks old in many ways.
white -  slab-formed face mug with big nose (moustache cup) and thrown mug with white eyes Bignos10
I cannot decipher the potter's mark, may be CA3.

Is it New Zealand pottery?

It has the biggest nose of all my face mugs, some of which see below.
white -  slab-formed face mug with big nose (moustache cup) and thrown mug with white eyes Faces10

-----------
26/10/16
Here's another big nose. This one has white eyes.
white -  slab-formed face mug with big nose (moustache cup) and thrown mug with white eyes Whitee10
10cm H, unmarked for maker

Some whiteye mugs on tm: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1187706684 Those are marked but I cannot read the marks.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3144
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum