NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
mugs - 6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added EmptyYesterday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
mugs - 6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added EmptyYesterday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
mugs - 6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added EmptyYesterday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
mugs - 6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
mugs - 6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
mugs - 6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
mugs - 6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
mugs - 6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
mugs - 6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added

Go down

mugs - 6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added Empty 6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added

Post  Jeremy Ashford Sun 13 Nov - 12:37

6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 other recent acquisitions

Here are this morning's finds from Tikipunga Market.
mugs - 6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added Market10

I usually leave the market empty-handed but this stall-holder just kept unwrapping and I kept handing over dollar coins until I ran out of fingers.

The three face mugs have no potters' marks and may not necessarily be NZ work as one I didn't buy had an English mark. The shino looks familiar.
mugs - 6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added Face110
mugs - 6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added Face210
mugs - 6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added Face310

[1/12/16 edit starts]
The second face mug face looks like those on "Pretty Ugly Pottery" mugs from Wales but the shape and glazing pattern does not match examples of their work that I have seen. Unlike that work this is not marked.
The third one appears to be "Muggins England" but like some similar samples currently on tm this one is is not marked. See
https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1213445766
[1/12/16 edit finishes]

The three other mugs are marked and two I recognise.
mugs - 6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added Tall10

This large mug has the "double-bird mark" already in the mystery marks gallery but I have photographed it up the other way, calling the side closest the mug edge top.
https://www.newzealandpottery.net/t2502-double-bird-mark
mugs - 6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added Shinoc10

This crazed cup is one of two at the stall. I think it is a very pale shino. I recognise the yin-yang/S mark from a very colourful duo Kat posted but can't see it in the galleries. Found it: https://www.newzealandpottery.net/t7572-yin-yang-like-mark#30235
mugs - 6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added Tripod10

I wouldn't know where to start looking for the mark on the tripod mug. Hopefully someone knows it

Also acquired recently are a Dargaville mug from Jim:
mugs - 6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added Dargav10

And a trick face mug (or maybe not a mug at all) from Val, which looks foreign to me. Try filling this and it the liquid will pour out the nostrils. Castware.
mugs - 6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added Val10

-----------
14/11/16
New mug from Kerikeri Hospice shop

A very nicely produced mug with quality deco, possibly signed Li, or Fi.
mugs - 6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added Li10
---------
2/12/16
Four new mugs from Pamela, who has become one of my favourite tm sellers.
mugs - 6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added Pam110
105 mm high, top diameter 80 mm approx

The glaze on this one looks like work by Patrick Greene but I can't get his name out of the mark. 1983 seems very early to me for this shape of mug, with the big spiral twist.v See Patrick Greene here: https://www.newzealandpottery.net/t7684-patrick-greene#30673
mugs - 6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added Pam210
100 mm high approx, top diameter 67 mm

Patricia Taylor (above).
mugs - 6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added Pam310
75 mm high approx, top diameter 75 mm approx
mugs - 6 market mugs, including face mugs, and 2 others PLUS one more added Pam410
60 mm high approx, top diameter 80 mm approx
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum