NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» BS? Is anyone able to help please…
white - White handle aerographed crown Lynn cup and saucer information please... EmptyToday at 16:06 by tabbyland

» The Ferret would like help with these marks please ...
white - White handle aerographed crown Lynn cup and saucer information please... EmptyToday at 8:40 by Ev

» Large bowl with unknown mark.
white - White handle aerographed crown Lynn cup and saucer information please... EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
white - White handle aerographed crown Lynn cup and saucer information please... EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
white - White handle aerographed crown Lynn cup and saucer information please... EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
white - White handle aerographed crown Lynn cup and saucer information please... EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
white - White handle aerographed crown Lynn cup and saucer information please... EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
white - White handle aerographed crown Lynn cup and saucer information please... EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
white - White handle aerographed crown Lynn cup and saucer information please... EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

White handle aerographed crown Lynn cup and saucer information please...

3 posters

Go down

white - White handle aerographed crown Lynn cup and saucer information please... Empty White handle aerographed crown Lynn cup and saucer information please...

Post  Captainhobson Sun 5 Feb - 23:35

white - White handle aerographed crown Lynn cup and saucer information please... Img_3811hi

Captainhobson

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2016-10-02

Back to top Go down

white - White handle aerographed crown Lynn cup and saucer information please... Empty Re: White handle aerographed crown Lynn cup and saucer information please...

Post  Ev Mon 6 Feb - 7:14

Oh Wow I adore these sets!!!
They were made in the late 1950's and early 1960's.
The colour has a speckled look from being sprayed on with an aerograph sprayer.
The range of colours is just fantastic and I think there are 6 different colours.
There are a few on the site and I will try to find them when I get a chance.
The cup shape is 753.
Thank you for posting these,
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

white - White handle aerographed crown Lynn cup and saucer information please... Empty Re: White handle aerographed crown Lynn cup and saucer information please...

Post  Ev Mon 6 Feb - 8:13

I have found the other topic about these and the colours are -
Maroon, Pink, Green, Yellow, Blue and you have given us the Grey.

https://www.newzealandpottery.net/t1534-mottled-spray-on-yellow-saucer-no-name
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Captainhobson Mon 6 Feb - 9:31

Thanks so much for all the information. I have them hidden away in a box. Sadly the grey one has a broken handle. I haven't decided weather to keep them or not, but love the pink the other collector had. The two yellows I have are lemon and and a yellow yoke.

Captainhobson

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Mon 6 Feb - 10:36

These will have a crown and star Crown Lynn backstamp which was in use from 1955 until the mid-1960s.

On some pieces the backstamp was slightly bigger, lighter looking and looser in its formation, which I take to be an earlier version.

I'm curious to see which whether these have.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Captainhobson Mon 6 Feb - 11:25

white - White handle aerographed crown Lynn cup and saucer information please... Img_3915
white - White handle aerographed crown Lynn cup and saucer information please... Img_3914
white - White handle aerographed crown Lynn cup and saucer information please... Img_3912
white - White handle aerographed crown Lynn cup and saucer information please... Img_3913
white - White handle aerographed crown Lynn cup and saucer information please... Img_3916

Captainhobson

Back to top Go down

Post  Captainhobson Mon 6 Feb - 11:28

Yes, the darker yellow has a different stamp so maybe an earlier production. All the saucers have the same stamp but curiously the grey saucer is larger and not so speckled. The grey cup is more speckled and the same size as other cups. Definitely a more more finer pottery to my colour glaze.

Last edited by Captainhobson on Mon 6 Feb - 11:52; edited 1 time in total

Captainhobson

Back to top Go down

Post  Captainhobson Mon 6 Feb - 11:51

Just to add, I once had a side plate which I no longer own which was the same as the plum coloured duo.

Captainhobson

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum