NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Lynn - Bruce Yallop worked at Crown Lynn as a Modeller for many years EmptyYesterday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Lynn - Bruce Yallop worked at Crown Lynn as a Modeller for many years EmptyYesterday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Lynn - Bruce Yallop worked at Crown Lynn as a Modeller for many years EmptyYesterday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
Lynn - Bruce Yallop worked at Crown Lynn as a Modeller for many years EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
Lynn - Bruce Yallop worked at Crown Lynn as a Modeller for many years EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Lynn - Bruce Yallop worked at Crown Lynn as a Modeller for many years EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Lynn - Bruce Yallop worked at Crown Lynn as a Modeller for many years EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
Lynn - Bruce Yallop worked at Crown Lynn as a Modeller for many years EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
Lynn - Bruce Yallop worked at Crown Lynn as a Modeller for many years EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

Bruce Yallop worked at Crown Lynn as a Modeller for many years

2 posters

Go down

Lynn - Bruce Yallop worked at Crown Lynn as a Modeller for many years Empty Bruce Yallop worked at Crown Lynn as a Modeller for many years

Post  Ev Sat 11 Feb - 19:02

and he is an exquisite Modeller and is now working at Studio Ceramics, but they have announced that they are closing *sobs* so I want to record this as a tribute to him ...

Anyway Bruce let me go through the Modellers drawings that were contained in a desk that came from Crown Lynn and we have had many insights thanks to his generosity.

Bruce showed me an urn that he had found a mould for that was at Crown Lynn and it fascinated him and he made one and decorated it in gold.  He got into all sorts of trouble for doing this as gold is so expensive.  He had no idea what the Amphora represented and I was gobsmacked by it as I knew that it was made to celebrate the making of over a hundred million or so pieces of ceramics by Crown Lynn in 1959 and was given to Walter Nash in a ceremony of celebration.
Te Papa now have the original http://collections.tepapa.govt.nz/object/187196

I took a photo of Bruce and the Amphora and I let him know the history of the Urn.  He wasn't aware that it had a lid.

Lynn - Bruce Yallop worked at Crown Lynn as a Modeller for many years Bruce_10

Bruce has donated the Amphora to Te Toi Uku the Crown Lynn Museum and also the desk filled with Modellers Drawings and this makes me extremely happy.

Last edited by Ev on Fri 20 Sep - 11:20; edited 1 time in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Lynn - Bruce Yallop worked at Crown Lynn as a Modeller for many years Empty Re: Bruce Yallop worked at Crown Lynn as a Modeller for many years

Post  Maryr Sun 12 Feb - 17:06

How wonderful. What a generous man.
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum