NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» BS? Is anyone able to help please…
Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase with technical info on base  EmptyToday at 16:06 by tabbyland

» The Ferret would like help with these marks please ...
Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase with technical info on base  EmptyToday at 8:40 by Ev

» Large bowl with unknown mark.
Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase with technical info on base  EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase with technical info on base  EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase with technical info on base  EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase with technical info on base  EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase with technical info on base  EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase with technical info on base  EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase with technical info on base  EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase with technical info on base

3 posters

Go down

Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase with technical info on base  Empty Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase with technical info on base

Post  Maryr Sun 30 Apr - 16:15

Yeehah this vase cost me $7.50 and when I took a close look I found words scratched into the base - alas no maker's mark. So far as George and I can make out, it says "Brick slip mixt with glaze".   I am happy to email the full size pic of the inscription to anyone who wants it, and I am also keen to show this to our local pottery group.  Vase is 17.5 cm high and in pretty good condition apart from some gaps in the glaze around the top.  The speckles in the glaze around the base are slightly raised.

Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase with technical info on base  03-cl_10
Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase with technical info on base  01-cl_10
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1971
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase with technical info on base  Empty Re: Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase with technical info on base

Post  mumof1 Mon 1 May - 6:51

:loveit:  sunny
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2359
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase with technical info on base  Empty Re: Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase with technical info on base

Post  Ev Mon 1 May - 8:31

An excellent find Val and such a good price too.
Very interesting inscription on the base too.
Now to find one that has a makers mark !!!
I will add it to the Rhodes section of the Artist - Craftsman Gallery.
There is a Carpay out there somewhere for you to find one day Very Happy
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum