NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Lynn - Red clay Plant Pots were being made at Crown Lynn in 1989 EmptyYesterday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Lynn - Red clay Plant Pots were being made at Crown Lynn in 1989 EmptyYesterday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Lynn - Red clay Plant Pots were being made at Crown Lynn in 1989 EmptyYesterday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
Lynn - Red clay Plant Pots were being made at Crown Lynn in 1989 EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
Lynn - Red clay Plant Pots were being made at Crown Lynn in 1989 EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Lynn - Red clay Plant Pots were being made at Crown Lynn in 1989 EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Lynn - Red clay Plant Pots were being made at Crown Lynn in 1989 EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
Lynn - Red clay Plant Pots were being made at Crown Lynn in 1989 EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
Lynn - Red clay Plant Pots were being made at Crown Lynn in 1989 EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

Red clay Plant Pots were being made at Crown Lynn in 1989

2 posters

Go down

Lynn - Red clay Plant Pots were being made at Crown Lynn in 1989 Empty Red clay Plant Pots were being made at Crown Lynn in 1989

Post  Ev Fri 26 May - 6:09

I went to the fantastic opening of Mark Goody and Emily Siddell's exhibition at the old Ambrico kiln last night and there were so many potters' there.  I was talking to one chap and he mentioned that he worked at Crown Lynn only for a week just before they closed in 1989.  He said that he was employed as a Hand Potter and he and a girl spent the week putting throwing rings onto jiggered plant pots to make them look handmade.  The clay was red he said.  I asked if it was like the brick clay and he said it was much redder than that.  He has never come across any of these pots since.  He said that there were many hand potters that worked there over the years.
So now we need to find one of these pots to check it out !!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Lynn - Red clay Plant Pots were being made at Crown Lynn in 1989 Empty Re: Red clay Plant Pots were being made at Crown Lynn in 1989

Post  Maryr Fri 26 May - 8:31

Well that is interesting. I will look out for anything that seems a possible match. I wonder where the red clay was mixed.
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Lynn - Red clay Plant Pots were being made at Crown Lynn in 1989 Empty Re: Red clay Plant Pots were being made at Crown Lynn in 1989

Post  Ev Fri 26 May - 10:23

I think he said they were decorated, but not 100% on that. I came across a red clay mix recipe and must check it out. The wine coolers were made out of red clay.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum