NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is this black dish Crown Lynn 356 “Wet and Dry”
What is this golden pattern on large ovals called?  It is Galaxy d749 EmptyToday at 15:01 by kitsch

» Is this Titian Studio? No it's Diana Pottery Australia!
What is this golden pattern on large ovals called?  It is Galaxy d749 EmptyToday at 11:51 by kitsch

» Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please
What is this golden pattern on large ovals called?  It is Galaxy d749 EmptyToday at 10:34 by kitsch

» Is this “Shell” shaped vase NZ pottery
What is this golden pattern on large ovals called?  It is Galaxy d749 EmptyToday at 10:14 by kitsch

» Is this large brown painted bowl Crown Lynn please?
What is this golden pattern on large ovals called?  It is Galaxy d749 EmptyToday at 10:10 by kitsch

» Is this Crown Lynn Shape No. 42?
What is this golden pattern on large ovals called?  It is Galaxy d749 EmptyToday at 8:21 by kitsch

» Is this Crown Lynn shape no.10!
What is this golden pattern on large ovals called?  It is Galaxy d749 EmptyToday at 8:19 by kitsch

» Temuka Maori motif wall vase
What is this golden pattern on large ovals called?  It is Galaxy d749 EmptyYesterday at 16:15 by Ev

» Temuka ware factory seconds
What is this golden pattern on large ovals called?  It is Galaxy d749 EmptyYesterday at 7:53 by Melita

What is this golden pattern on large ovals called? It is Galaxy d749

3 posters

Go down

What is this golden pattern on large ovals called?  It is Galaxy d749 Empty What is this golden pattern on large ovals called? It is Galaxy d749

Post  mumof1 Sat 22 Jul - 22:34

What is this golden pattern on large ovals called?  It is Galaxy d749 Dsc06710
I've been right through the gallery, but I can't find this pattern, maybe because it's late and I'm a bit cross-eyed now. The pattern up close is quite distinctve.
What is this golden pattern on large ovals called?  It is Galaxy d749 Dsc06711
Three very thin bands inside two fatter, with another medium on the inside.
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

What is this golden pattern on large ovals called?  It is Galaxy d749 Empty Re: What is this golden pattern on large ovals called? It is Galaxy d749

Post  JanPots Sun 23 Jul - 7:17

It's very simalar to Saturn. .... but not that one .
There is this link from Ev saying that we don't have all these ones linking to planets/astronomy.
Wonder if it's one of these?
https://www.newzealandpottery.net/t2046-time-for-a-few-more-hope-to-push-the-gallery-over-500-saturn-d32500?highlight=Saturn
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

What is this golden pattern on large ovals called?  It is Galaxy d749 Empty Re: What is this golden pattern on large ovals called? It is Galaxy d749

Post  Ev Sun 23 Jul - 8:21

There are many 'ringed' patterns that need to be identified. Unless they are named I find it difficult to identify them as they are all so similar. However as these rings are quite unique, I will have a look through the records to see if they show up.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17629
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Sun 23 Jul - 8:57

Thans Ev, Iwent throught all the planets, but most seem to be 3 rings.
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 23 Jul - 9:09

I've had a look and the most rings I could find were 5, so this will have to go into the No Names Gallery.
There are many patterns that we don't have records for and we just have to find the pattern with the name stamped on the base to find out what they are called Smile
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Sat 18 Aug - 17:24

I have seen these in the op shop....
Umm... it was a planet....
Next time I am in Hamilton I'll take a photo
Janice

JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 23 Aug - 7:01

Janice has confirmed that this pattern is Galaxy d749 and we already have this pattern in the Gallery. I didn't recognise it as the same pattern on the oval. So I will remove the photo from the No Names Gallery. Thank you Janice.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum