NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
zealand -  Steiner Ceramics Air New Zealand cup and saucer EmptyYesterday at 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
zealand -  Steiner Ceramics Air New Zealand cup and saucer EmptyYesterday at 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
zealand -  Steiner Ceramics Air New Zealand cup and saucer EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
zealand -  Steiner Ceramics Air New Zealand cup and saucer EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
zealand -  Steiner Ceramics Air New Zealand cup and saucer EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
zealand -  Steiner Ceramics Air New Zealand cup and saucer EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
zealand -  Steiner Ceramics Air New Zealand cup and saucer EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
zealand -  Steiner Ceramics Air New Zealand cup and saucer EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
zealand -  Steiner Ceramics Air New Zealand cup and saucer EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

Steiner Ceramics Air New Zealand cup and saucer

2 posters

Go down

zealand -  Steiner Ceramics Air New Zealand cup and saucer Empty Steiner Ceramics Air New Zealand cup and saucer

Post  Jeremy Ashford Fri 4 Aug - 8:56

Steiner Ceramics Air New Zealand 75th anniversary replica DC8 Tahora duo, 2015

I have a CL Air NZ Tahora soup bowl, butter pat, and saucer but no cup.
In the absence of the real thing I chose to buy the Steiner set but they sold out, so when this one appeared on tm I bought it. NIB.
zealand -  Steiner Ceramics Air New Zealand cup and saucer Sc110
cup and saucer
zealand -  Steiner Ceramics Air New Zealand cup and saucer Sc210
packaging and backstamp
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

zealand -  Steiner Ceramics Air New Zealand cup and saucer Empty Re: Steiner Ceramics Air New Zealand cup and saucer

Post  Ev Fri 4 Aug - 12:54

Nice, but there is something about the cup handle that's not quite right I feel.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17728
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

zealand -  Steiner Ceramics Air New Zealand cup and saucer Empty Re: Steiner Ceramics Air New Zealand cup and saucer

Post  Jeremy Ashford Fri 4 Aug - 15:39

zealand -  Steiner Ceramics Air New Zealand cup and saucer 783etc10

The cup is close to the same size as the 783, not as tall, slightly wider, slightly bigger footring, and the handle, as you note Ev, is the most obvious difference as, although it is the same shape, it is way over-scaled. The Steiner saucer is well bigger than the CL. You can just see, too, that the Steiner transfer on the saucer is much larger than that on the CL.

A caricature rather than a replica.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Sun 21 Mar - 22:31

I have only just discovered, from the Steiner facebook page, that they have since brought out a 2020 80th birthday limited edition, not available to the general public. Other collectors I know have been there ahead of me. I will go back and ask if we can copy their images.

The colour looks different to me. I have just asked about it.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Ev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum