NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is this black dish Crown Lynn 356 “Wet and Dry”
Is Arthouse Beach a New Zealand Pottery?  No it was Made In China. EmptyToday at 15:01 by kitsch

» Is this Titian Studio? No it's Diana Pottery Australia!
Is Arthouse Beach a New Zealand Pottery?  No it was Made In China. EmptyToday at 11:51 by kitsch

» Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please
Is Arthouse Beach a New Zealand Pottery?  No it was Made In China. EmptyToday at 10:34 by kitsch

» Is this “Shell” shaped vase NZ pottery
Is Arthouse Beach a New Zealand Pottery?  No it was Made In China. EmptyToday at 10:14 by kitsch

» Is this large brown painted bowl Crown Lynn please?
Is Arthouse Beach a New Zealand Pottery?  No it was Made In China. EmptyToday at 10:10 by kitsch

» Is this Crown Lynn Shape No. 42?
Is Arthouse Beach a New Zealand Pottery?  No it was Made In China. EmptyToday at 8:21 by kitsch

» Is this Crown Lynn shape no.10!
Is Arthouse Beach a New Zealand Pottery?  No it was Made In China. EmptyToday at 8:19 by kitsch

» Temuka Maori motif wall vase
Is Arthouse Beach a New Zealand Pottery?  No it was Made In China. EmptyYesterday at 16:15 by Ev

» Temuka ware factory seconds
Is Arthouse Beach a New Zealand Pottery?  No it was Made In China. EmptyYesterday at 7:53 by Melita

Is Arthouse Beach a New Zealand Pottery? No it was Made In China.

4 posters

Go down

Is Arthouse Beach a New Zealand Pottery?  No it was Made In China. Empty Is Arthouse Beach a New Zealand Pottery? No it was Made In China.

Post  Ev Wed 17 Jan - 17:21

Formation tell me that we can now post photos using mobiles, so here goes.
The transfers on this mug are incredible! Is Arthouse Beach a New Zealand Pottery?  No it was Made In China. _2018011
Is Arthouse Beach a New Zealand Pottery?  No it was Made In China. _2018012
Is Arthouse Beach a New Zealand Pottery?  No it was Made In China. _2018013
Is Arthouse Beach a New Zealand Pottery?  No it was Made In China. _2018014
Is Arthouse Beach a New Zealand Pottery?  No it was Made In China. _2018015

Last edited by Ev on Thu 25 Jan - 9:25; edited 1 time in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17629
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Is Arthouse Beach a New Zealand Pottery?  No it was Made In China. Empty Re: Is Arthouse Beach a New Zealand Pottery? No it was Made In China.

Post  Ev Wed 17 Jan - 17:23

Oh my goodness it worked!!!!!! Even with 5 photos Wow
I can only find a reference to Briscos when I Google the stamp
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is Arthouse Beach a New Zealand Pottery?  No it was Made In China. Empty Re: Is Arthouse Beach a New Zealand Pottery? No it was Made In China.

Post  Maryr Mon 22 Jan - 12:11

Briscoes is a NEw Zealand company I think, but it is also in Australia - this mug looks like a weird combination of Australian and NZ images.
Australian aboriginal and australian decals on inside of mug. NZ tiki and NZ weta... covering all bases?
I wonder if the mug was made in Oz. Or even China?
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1971
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 22 Jan - 17:59

I only see NZ in the decals and maybe the Chatham islands on one of the inside ones. China did cross my mind as Briscos seem to source most of their crockery from there. I have a vague memory of seeing something like this in the shops maybe 15 or so years ago.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Thu 25 Jan - 6:55

I saw a piece with the Art House mark (no "Beach") yesterday that also had "Made in China".
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 25 Jan - 7:01

Thanks Jeremy, it's a really lovely mug and beautifully made and not like that cheap and nasty pottery that we usually see from China. It's good to know where it was made for sure.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Thu 25 Jan - 9:00

I do love those transfers too.

No guarantees each piece is from the same country are there?

I forgot what it was I saw the mark on but will have a look at Sallies today to see what it was on and take a photo if I see it again.

I'm personally not fussed about country of origin if I like something.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Thu 25 Jan - 13:11

Sorry the pic is blurry but unfortunately it is my best of three.

Just legible.
Is Arthouse Beach a New Zealand Pottery?  No it was Made In China. Image34
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Back to top Go down

Post  2tuis Thu 25 Jan - 17:56

Not to be confused with vintage Beach artware by Steenstra &Co aye, that is N.Z made.This site could well do with pointing out differences to the uninformed instead of yes and no answers.

2tuis

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2015-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 25 Jan - 18:14

Thanks for pointing that out 2this as that will help any coincidental confusion.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum