NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery EmptyYesterday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery EmptyYesterday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery EmptyYesterday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery

Go down

Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery Empty Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery

Post  Maryr Fri 9 Feb - 15:26

Here is a magnificent jug I have been meaning to post for some time.  It is 30 cm high.  I love the loose decoration style. It has a Morris and James mark impressed below the handle, but no decorator's mark.  
Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery 020_mo10Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery 020_mo11Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery 020_mo12

And my row of delicious little jugs - the kowhai is already in the gallery.
Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery 019_mo10Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery 019_mo11

And here are the decorator's marks that Mike Rose was unable to indentify.
A modern-looking platter with a distinctive mark
Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery 004_mo11Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery 004_mo12

A nikau platter with a mark that looks like SS
Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery 005_mo13Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery 005_mo12

Pohutukawa platter with an unknown mark
Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery 007_mo13Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery 007_mo12

Shell tile and starfish tile by DM
Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery 010_mo13Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery 010_mo12Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery 011_mo12Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery 011_mo13

And last the trader confirmed that this is an oldie but I don't know the date.
Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery 018_mo12Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery 018_mo11
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery Empty Re: Morris and James marks unknown plus things for gallery

Post  Maryr Thu 15 Feb - 8:23

Hi just a reminder to admins. Can someone pls put the 30 cm jug and the old platter with leaves and starfish tile in the gallery. The other platters are generic so no need to add them.
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum