NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large bowl with unknown mark.
Seemingly an Air NZ plate - Unable to find any details about it. EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
Seemingly an Air NZ plate - Unable to find any details about it. EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
Seemingly an Air NZ plate - Unable to find any details about it. EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
Seemingly an Air NZ plate - Unable to find any details about it. EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
Seemingly an Air NZ plate - Unable to find any details about it. EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
Seemingly an Air NZ plate - Unable to find any details about it. EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
Seemingly an Air NZ plate - Unable to find any details about it. EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
Seemingly an Air NZ plate - Unable to find any details about it. EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

» Martin McLean
Seemingly an Air NZ plate - Unable to find any details about it. EmptyYesterday at 8:48 by Ev

Seemingly an Air NZ plate - Unable to find any details about it.

2 posters

Go down

Seemingly an Air NZ plate - Unable to find any details about it. Empty Seemingly an Air NZ plate - Unable to find any details about it.

Post  JMAtkinson Wed 30 Dec - 18:32

Howdy,

I was gifted this lovely plate for Christmas which was found in an op-shop. It has a blue ring, with a logo that looks similar to the Air New Zealand logo around the 70s, but I'm not 100% sure it is, as I cannot find any examples of this same logo with the red stripe in materials relating to Air NZ.

The reverse of the plate has the Crown Lynn imprint. Does anyone have any information on this plate, when it is from and perhaps where it was used? I'm most interested in discovering the history behind this item.

I've looked through the numbered cataloges on this site (briefly) and have been unable to find it in any obivous categories. I'm not a cermaics expert so I may have missed it. It doesn't appear in any articles I can find online about the cermaics Crown Lynn made for Air NZ. Insight on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Seemingly an Air NZ plate - Unable to find any details about it. Img20211
Seemingly an Air NZ plate - Unable to find any details about it. Img20212
Seemingly an Air NZ plate - Unable to find any details about it. Img20210

JMAtkinson

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2020-12-30

Hannele likes this post

Back to top Go down

Seemingly an Air NZ plate - Unable to find any details about it. Empty Re: Seemingly an Air NZ plate - Unable to find any details about it.

Post  Ev Wed 30 Dec - 20:03

Hi there and welcome to the site Smile

This is not an Air NZ logo, but is the badge of the Shipping Corporation New Zealand.

The number on the Crown Lynn stamp on the base is the year it was made, which is 1977.

https://www.newzealandpottery.net/gallery/More-Crown-Lynn-Galleries/Crown-Lynn-Badged-Ware/Shipping-Corp-d144-pic_4696.htm

I hope that helps.  Cheers.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Hannele and JMAtkinson like this post

Back to top Go down

Seemingly an Air NZ plate - Unable to find any details about it. Empty Re: Seemingly an Air NZ plate - Unable to find any details about it.

Post  JMAtkinson Wed 30 Dec - 21:22

Hey,

That is very helpful! - Thank you for the insight. Interesting that it's the Shipping Corporation's logo - it's rather similar to Air NZ of that period but I suppose that makes sense.

I will do some research into the history of that company Very Happy .

Thanks!

JMAtkinson

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2020-12-30

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum