NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large bowl with unknown mark.
WALL POCKET - MARKED TO BASE Kakanui is by Bruce Mackie EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
WALL POCKET - MARKED TO BASE Kakanui is by Bruce Mackie EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
WALL POCKET - MARKED TO BASE Kakanui is by Bruce Mackie EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
WALL POCKET - MARKED TO BASE Kakanui is by Bruce Mackie EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
WALL POCKET - MARKED TO BASE Kakanui is by Bruce Mackie EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
WALL POCKET - MARKED TO BASE Kakanui is by Bruce Mackie EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
WALL POCKET - MARKED TO BASE Kakanui is by Bruce Mackie EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
WALL POCKET - MARKED TO BASE Kakanui is by Bruce Mackie EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

» Martin McLean
WALL POCKET - MARKED TO BASE Kakanui is by Bruce Mackie EmptyYesterday at 8:48 by Ev

WALL POCKET - MARKED TO BASE Kakanui is by Bruce Mackie

3 posters

Go down

WALL POCKET - MARKED TO BASE Kakanui is by Bruce Mackie Empty WALL POCKET - MARKED TO BASE Kakanui is by Bruce Mackie

Post  TangerNe11 Sun 18 Apr - 17:12

Signed to base Ka KANUI?
WALL POCKET - MARKED TO BASE Kakanui is by Bruce Mackie Wall_p10
TangerNe11
TangerNe11

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2020-12-19

Kat & Co. and Hannele like this post

Back to top Go down

WALL POCKET - MARKED TO BASE Kakanui is by Bruce Mackie Empty Wall pocket. Ku Kannui.

Post  Gilligee Tue 20 Apr - 10:12

I read this as Kakanui, a small place on the Otago coast.
A few years ago I saw a program about a potter working there.

Gilligee

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2021-04-20

Ev and Hannele like this post

Back to top Go down

WALL POCKET - MARKED TO BASE Kakanui is by Bruce Mackie Empty Re: WALL POCKET - MARKED TO BASE Kakanui is by Bruce Mackie

Post  TangerNe11 Tue 20 Apr - 17:14

Thanks Gilligee :-) I never thought that it could be Kakanui! I'm actually not far from there, so I'll do some investigating :-)
TangerNe11
TangerNe11

Ev likes this post

Back to top Go down

WALL POCKET - MARKED TO BASE Kakanui is by Bruce Mackie Empty Re: WALL POCKET - MARKED TO BASE Kakanui is by Bruce Mackie

Post  Ev Fri 11 Mar - 7:03

This Kakanui mark has been identified as that of Bruce Mackie who potted there in the 1980's. His wife was a weaver.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

TangerNe11 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  TangerNe11 Fri 11 Mar - 14:51

HI Ev :-) lovely to hear from you! Many thanks for the potter's identification. Take care :-)
TangerNe11
TangerNe11

Ev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum