NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mark James Canvastown Marlborough
Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please.  This is John Green of Nelson EmptyToday at 7:23 by Ev

» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please.  This is John Green of Nelson EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please.  This is John Green of Nelson EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please.  This is John Green of Nelson EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please.  This is John Green of Nelson EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please.  This is John Green of Nelson EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please.  This is John Green of Nelson EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please.  This is John Green of Nelson EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please.  This is John Green of Nelson EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please. This is John Green of Nelson

2 posters

Go down

Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please.  This is John Green of Nelson Empty Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please. This is John Green of Nelson

Post  kitsch Tue 19 Mar - 10:34

Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please.  This is John Green of Nelson Img_1712
Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please.  This is John Green of Nelson Img_1711
This lovely glossy metallic look vase has three initials on base as well as “Earthworks” (a well known Wellington Gallery) sticker. Have tried finding it under F and P in Potters marks to no avail.
Advice on who the potter is would be appreciated please.

kitsch

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please.  This is John Green of Nelson Empty Re: Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please. This is John Green of Nelson

Post  Ev Fri 22 Mar - 16:00

Sorry I missed this one !!

The lustre reminds me of John Green of Nelson and he had a variety of marks.

Check out this topic about his work and see if you can match anything Smile

https://www.newzealandpottery.net/t3029-wee-lamp-anyone-recognise-the-mark-the-nelson-potter-is-john-green
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17729
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

kitsch likes this post

Back to top Go down

Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please.  This is John Green of Nelson Empty Re: Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please. This is John Green of Nelson

Post  kitsch Fri 22 Mar - 16:24

Ev… you are amazing. I followed your link and thought aspects of John’s marks and the lustre glaze looked similar. I then searched further and found this, see screen shot of 20th centuryforum.com. below. That’s John’s signature! Is it worth adding to your site?
I have three or four pieces of ceramics to try and identify on behalf of the charity I volunteer for. Hope you don’t mind the work..I’ve been very active on the site this week! And your responses have been amazing.
Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please.  This is John Green of Nelson Img_2411

kitsch

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 22 Mar - 16:26

Awesome!!

Found it and yes I will add your mark to the Gallery cheers

https://www.20thcenturyforum.com/t29737-lustre-ware-by-john-green-nelson-new-zealand
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17729
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

kitsch likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum