NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» R A Shufflebotham, painter (Not NZ)
Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans  EmptyToday at 7:46 by Maryr

» Northland Pottery identification
Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans  EmptyThu 25 Jul - 16:57 by Wayne

» Topaz Tableware by Crown Lynn
Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans  EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:53 by Ev

» Like Topaz and Like Vintage made in Philippines
Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans  EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:48 by Itsyawnoc

» Crown Lynn bambi lamp for gallery
Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans  EmptyTue 23 Jul - 19:24 by BeauMontgomeryEverett

» Shape 72 being used for the first time ...
Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans  EmptyTue 23 Jul - 10:38 by Ev

» Blue glaze cup CB?
Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans  EmptySun 21 Jul - 17:28 by Ferret

» Vintage Pat. No. 982
Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans  EmptySat 20 Jul - 18:15 by nessymc2

» Can you help with identifying this Potters Mark please?
Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans  EmptySat 20 Jul - 15:35 by JanPots

Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans

3 posters

Go down

Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans  Empty Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans

Post  Maryr Sun 21 Apr - 11:37

LAST EDIT - yes there were four swans from Studio Ceramics, but not until the very last year or two.

Advertising from The Motel Shop indicated that Studio Ceramics made four sizes of swans. The first (sketchy) information is in this post.
I have now heard from The Motel Shop personally and I will put their information in a second post.

EDIT - This is a real mystery.  The final catalogue and the facebook page from Studio Ceramics show four swans, as illustrated below.  However were these four swans actually all made?  We have been unable to find anyone who remembers them actually being manufactured.  One of life's little mysteries.  xx

Thanks to other researchers, we now have the four sizes of swans made at Studio Ceramics.  These images are from The Motel Shop website, which sold Studio Ceramics ware until they ran out after the factory closed.
Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans  Studio26
Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans  Studio27

Last edited by Maryr on Wed 22 May - 14:56; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : updating information)
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1988
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Ev and Melita like this post

Back to top Go down

Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans  Empty Re: Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans

Post  Ev Sun 21 Apr - 14:36

Yes and Studio Ceramics didn't get the Medium Swan mould when Crown Lynn closed, so never made that shape.
The Crown Lynn Medium Swan shape has turned up from other potteries e.g. De Arn, so perhaps they grabbed the mould. .... ?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17868
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Maryr and Melita like this post

Back to top Go down

Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans  Empty Studio Swans

Post  signal red Sun 28 Apr - 17:21

A studio Ceramics catalogue from 2011 has only two swans under the title retro lynn the colour s are matt cream,matt black, gloss pink and Aqua. I think this information is incorrected and I don't remember these.

signal red

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-12-30

Ev and Maryr like this post

Back to top Go down

Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans  Empty Re: Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans

Post  Maryr Sun 28 Apr - 19:37

Thanks Signal Red. After we have talked next weekend I will correct this post.
Maryr
Maryr

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 29 Apr - 7:38

I bought a Large Pink Studio Ceramics Swan for a 21st around 12 years ago and there were only two sizes to choose from. Large and Baby.
I wonder when the other sizes were made?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  signal red Mon 29 Apr - 16:19

I remember the lg swan was made into a lamp base but the other two are not studio the sizing is totally different

signal red

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 29 Apr - 16:22

This photo is from the Studio Ceramics Facebook page signal-red Smile

https://www.facebook.com/470165516352554/photos/pb.100075517946245.-2207520000/477597108942728/?type=3
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans  Empty New info and pics from The Motel Shop

Post  Maryr Wed 22 May - 15:08

I emailed The Motel Shop, which sold some of the last available Studio Ceramics swans.  Below I have pasted their information.  They also supplied some lovely photos which are also below. Images are courtesy of The Motel Shop.   I have captioned the photos with the same words as were sent to me.

"When we first started stocking the swans there were just 3 sizes (small, medium and large) and only in black and white.  They then added the glossy pink glaze in the 3 sizes. Subsequently in the last few years of Studio Ceramics they began to produce 4 sizes of swans, baby, small, medium and large and they also expanded the colour range to black, duck egg blue (which was a pale greeny/blue) and white and in approx 2014 changed the glossy pink glaze to a paler pink glaze. In the last years or so they also produced the four sizes of swans in white with a gold painted beak. I was so disappointed when Studio Ceramics closed down.
Attached are some of the photos I have from those years.
Hope that helps your research,
Kind Regards
Cristal"

Large swan in four colours - Image courtesy The Motel Shop
Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans  Large_10

Gold beaked swan group 2 - Image from Studio Ceramics catalogue
Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans  Gold_b10

Carousel size swan pink set last of the pink swan - Image Courtesy The Motel Shop
Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans  Carose11

Carousel size swan black set 4 - Image courtesy The Motel Shop
Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans  Carose12

Carousel size swan green set 4 - Image courtesy The Motel Shop
Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans  Carose13

Carousel size swan set baby swans - Image courtesy The Motel Shop
Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans  Carose14

Carousel size swans white set of four - Image courtesy The Motel Shop.
Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions - yes there were four swans  Carose15
Maryr
Maryr

Ev and JanPots like this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum