NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Denis O'Connor, Graeme Storm and Peter Hawkesby at the Gus Fisher Gallery Auckland. EmptyYesterday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Denis O'Connor, Graeme Storm and Peter Hawkesby at the Gus Fisher Gallery Auckland. EmptyYesterday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Denis O'Connor, Graeme Storm and Peter Hawkesby at the Gus Fisher Gallery Auckland. EmptyYesterday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
Denis O'Connor, Graeme Storm and Peter Hawkesby at the Gus Fisher Gallery Auckland. EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
Denis O'Connor, Graeme Storm and Peter Hawkesby at the Gus Fisher Gallery Auckland. EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Denis O'Connor, Graeme Storm and Peter Hawkesby at the Gus Fisher Gallery Auckland. EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Denis O'Connor, Graeme Storm and Peter Hawkesby at the Gus Fisher Gallery Auckland. EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
Denis O'Connor, Graeme Storm and Peter Hawkesby at the Gus Fisher Gallery Auckland. EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
Denis O'Connor, Graeme Storm and Peter Hawkesby at the Gus Fisher Gallery Auckland. EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

Denis O'Connor, Graeme Storm and Peter Hawkesby at the Gus Fisher Gallery Auckland.

3 posters

Go down

Denis O'Connor, Graeme Storm and Peter Hawkesby at the Gus Fisher Gallery Auckland. Empty Denis O'Connor, Graeme Storm and Peter Hawkesby at the Gus Fisher Gallery Auckland.

Post  Ev Wed 30 Mar - 17:04

This is on in conjunction with the Big Smoke Convention and is really worth visiting!
Graeme Storm has a room of superb pieces all done in his masterly perfect way .... the colours made my heart race!
Peter Hawkesby has some very quirky work that I don't really understand, but there were some vessels that appealed to me.
Denis O'Connor's room of work was absolutely amazing!!!! I felt so priviledged to be able to see so much work by such a very clever, creative potter!! His bottles were pure magic and his lidded ..... vessels were made with such freedom and joy it made my heart sing!! There was a lot of salt glazed ware and some very colourful ware too. His sculptural pieces are brilliant! An old Leach type wheel of his was in the room .... I had to sit on it .... it was very comfy - though the workings have rusted together now. He is now at the top of my wish list ..... just one piece bounce
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Denis O'Connor, Graeme Storm and Peter Hawkesby at the Gus Fisher Gallery Auckland. Empty Re: Denis O'Connor, Graeme Storm and Peter Hawkesby at the Gus Fisher Gallery Auckland.

Post  TimCaulton Wed 30 Mar - 17:53

There was an O'Conner at one of the auctions just a week back I think.....big too
TimCaulton
TimCaulton

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Denis O'Connor, Graeme Storm and Peter Hawkesby at the Gus Fisher Gallery Auckland. Empty Re: Denis O'Connor, Graeme Storm and Peter Hawkesby at the Gus Fisher Gallery Auckland.

Post  Ev Wed 30 Mar - 22:12

Oh come on now Tim .... Ev is a little girl collector and can't afford the big auction houses Razz
A friend found an O'Connor piece in an opshop .... for $2 affraid
That's my kind of dream find too cheers
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 31 Mar - 11:17

A link to the Gus Fisher Gallery that details this fantastic Exhibition!
http://www.creative.auckland.ac.nz/uoa/home/about/galleries-and-collections/gus-fisher-gallery/events/template/event_item.jsp?cid=358847
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Tue 6 Apr - 15:53

So who is at the top of your wish list now Ev?
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Ev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 9 Apr - 12:31

Bathing in the glow of this super little Denis O'Connor bottle Cool

There is something special about his work, though the mug I have of his has never made me melt like this bottle Wink

Denis O'Connor, Graeme Storm and Peter Hawkesby at the Gus Fisher Gallery Auckland. Denis_10

Denis O'Connor, Graeme Storm and Peter Hawkesby at the Gus Fisher Gallery Auckland. Denis_11
Ev
Ev
Admin

Maryr and Hannele like this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum