NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Titian - Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere EmptyToday at 7:38 by Ev

» Cornwall Collection d836 Contemporary Ceramics
Titian - Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere EmptyYesterday at 13:12 by Ev

» Mark James Canvastown Marlborough
Titian - Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere EmptySat 27 Apr - 7:23 by Ev

» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Titian - Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Titian - Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Titian - Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Titian - Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Titian - Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Titian - Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere

3 posters

Go down

Titian - Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere Empty Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere

Post  mumof1 Wed 10 Aug - 10:42

Titian - Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere Dsc05412
Nice floral jug from Titian Potteries, the pattern is a little worn
Titian - Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere Dsc05413
and the backstamp, hard to photograph on the white glaze  Embarassed
Titian - Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere Dsc05414
Now a question, is this Lancelot in grey?
Thanks for putting up with all my posts. I just love this site, and hopefully I am helping with the photos.  sunny
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2360
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Titian - Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere Empty Re: Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere

Post  Ev Wed 10 Aug - 15:03

Thank you so much for contributing your photos mumof1 ... it's wonderful Smile
I would like to know the number on the Titian jug .... it looks like it begins with a 6 ...
which goes along with the Crown Lynn jug numbers.
There is only one Lancelot on the Data Base and the number is 373 .... is that what the cup is?

Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17732
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Titian - Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere Empty Re: Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere

Post  mumof1 Wed 10 Aug - 16:56

Unfortunately the cup doesn't have a number, as most don't, and I can't see the pattern clearly on the photo of Lancelot in the gallery, perhaps you can see it in a larger form? Also, the cup pattern is grey, but the photo in the gallery isn't grey is it?
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Titian - Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere Empty Guinevere d377

Post  Marl474 Wed 10 Aug - 18:15

Titian - Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere Guiniv11Titian - Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere Guiniv12Titian - Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere Guiniv13
I may have solved the mystery, had a rustle around and found this. Guinivere a blue version of Lancelot looks a lot like your cup mumof1. cheers marlTitian - Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere Guiniv14
Marl474
Marl474

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Wed 10 Aug - 18:26

Thanks so much Marl ! sunny
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Titian - Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere Empty Merlin d378

Post  Marl474 Wed 10 Aug - 19:03

Titian - Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere Merlin10Another hunt, this time through my personal data base of patterns and here is your grey pattern, Merlin d378!! I thought i had seen it in grey. I guess they had a theme going with Lancelot, Guinivere and Merlin. I may have a plate still but will have to hunt for it, in the meantime this one has my label on it!! Cheers marl
Marl474
Marl474

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 11 Aug - 7:40

Thanks Girls Very Happy
A tip for mumof1 - every pattern in the Gallery has come from a full sized pic in this category.
So if you use the search option with a key word eg. Lancelot you will see the big photo Smile
I have a few photos to post today ....... cheers
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Thu 11 Aug - 9:40

Ev wrote:Thank you so much for contributing your photos mumof1 ... it's wonderful Smile
I would like to know the number on the Titian jug .... it looks like it begins with a 6 ...
which goes along with the Crown Lynn jug numbers.
There is only one Lancelot on the Data Base and the number is 373 .... is that what the cup is?
Titian - Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere Dsc05415
I think the number is 6071 or 8071, very light imprint, see new photo where I rubbed a pencil over it
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Titian - Titian floral jug & Lancelot cup? Also Guinevere Empty Titian Jug

Post  mumof1 Mon 22 Aug - 14:09

have had another very close look at the jug, and is definitely 8071. sunny
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 22 Aug - 18:43

The jug is a Titian shape for sure .... but Crown Lynn used many of their moulds when they took over the company .....? If only Heather Feather would stop by more often, as she has copies of all of the Crown Lynn notes that are at the Auckland Museum and she would be able to enlighten us all. I may have to do something about this dilemma as Heather has found greener pastures that have distracted her Neutral
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 22 Feb - 14:41

The jug in the first post is Crown Lynn shape 6071 and has the brand name of Titianware on the base that Crown Lynn used in the 1970's and 1980's after they took over the Titian factory.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum