NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large bowl with unknown mark.
Auckland Studio Potters 47th Annual Exhibition Fire and Clay 2011 EmptyToday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
Auckland Studio Potters 47th Annual Exhibition Fire and Clay 2011 EmptyToday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
Auckland Studio Potters 47th Annual Exhibition Fire and Clay 2011 EmptyToday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
Auckland Studio Potters 47th Annual Exhibition Fire and Clay 2011 EmptyToday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
Auckland Studio Potters 47th Annual Exhibition Fire and Clay 2011 EmptyToday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
Auckland Studio Potters 47th Annual Exhibition Fire and Clay 2011 EmptyToday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
Auckland Studio Potters 47th Annual Exhibition Fire and Clay 2011 EmptyToday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
Auckland Studio Potters 47th Annual Exhibition Fire and Clay 2011 EmptyToday at 8:55 by Ev

» Martin McLean
Auckland Studio Potters 47th Annual Exhibition Fire and Clay 2011 EmptyToday at 8:48 by Ev

Auckland Studio Potters 47th Annual Exhibition Fire and Clay 2011

Go down

Auckland Studio Potters 47th Annual Exhibition Fire and Clay 2011 Empty Auckland Studio Potters 47th Annual Exhibition Fire and Clay 2011

Post  Ev Wed 14 Sep - 17:47

28th September - 15th October
at the Mairangi Arts Centre, 20 Hastings Road, Mairangi Bay.
Selectors are Lex Dawson and Richard Fahey and the designer is John Parker.
A special feature display will be 50 pieces from the ASP collection that is kept at the Auckland Museum, chosen by Stuart Newby.
Looking forward to this Exhibition as usual Very Happy
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Auckland Studio Potters 47th Annual Exhibition Fire and Clay 2011 Empty Re: Auckland Studio Potters 47th Annual Exhibition Fire and Clay 2011

Post  Ev Wed 5 Oct - 16:38

Visited this Exhibition today and was thrilled with the high standard and the variety of clay mediums and methods.
Greg Barron's Altered Vessel glazed in an electric turquoise with yellow highlights was my favourite.... but why were there dags stuck to the unglazed inside huh??? I kept going back to check it out to make sure that I wasn't seeing things!
Marilyn Wheeler's Water Jars in a dramatic red with black scraffito figures were just brilliant!
I loved Ken Martin's bowl set with fern leaves carved into the inside ... such a gorgeous green too. I would have bought one, but they were a set of three unfortunately.
Carla Ruka ..... ahhhhhhh I just love her work!
It was so great to see Rick Rudd's three pieces finished with his gorilla, chimp and orang utan heads .... Yes!
Peter Lange's cobalt blue salt glazed teapot .. his salt glaze work always makes me swoon ....

Having the added bonus of 30 pieces of the ASP's collection from the Auckland Museum was a real highlight! From a divine paper thin piece by Catherine Anselmi - 1982, to a huge earthy vase by Peter Stichbury - c.1965 and all of the other pieces in between .... it was a heavenly feast for the eyes!!
If I'm lucky there may be some photos to add .....
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Auckland Studio Potters 47th Annual Exhibition Fire and Clay 2011 Empty Re: Auckland Studio Potters 47th Annual Exhibition Fire and Clay 2011

Post  Ev Thu 6 Oct - 15:29

Some photos did turn up Smile

Greg Barron - though the camera didn't catch the electric blue in the low light ...
Auckland Studio Potters 47th Annual Exhibition Fire and Clay 2011 Greg_b10

Marilyn Wheeler -
Auckland Studio Potters 47th Annual Exhibition Fire and Clay 2011 Marily10

A long shot with Ken Martin's bowls in the foreground ...
Auckland Studio Potters 47th Annual Exhibition Fire and Clay 2011 Ken_ma10
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum