NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
 Went Opshopping with a collector friend yesterday. EmptyToday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
 Went Opshopping with a collector friend yesterday. EmptyToday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
 Went Opshopping with a collector friend yesterday. EmptyToday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
 Went Opshopping with a collector friend yesterday. EmptyYesterday at 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
 Went Opshopping with a collector friend yesterday. EmptyYesterday at 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
 Went Opshopping with a collector friend yesterday. EmptyYesterday at 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
 Went Opshopping with a collector friend yesterday. EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
 Went Opshopping with a collector friend yesterday. EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
 Went Opshopping with a collector friend yesterday. EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

Went Opshopping with a collector friend yesterday.

Go down

Went Opshopping with a collector friend yesterday. Empty Went Opshopping with a collector friend yesterday.

Post  Ev Thu 22 Mar - 10:57

Was in another town with a studio pottery collector friend yesterday ... doing pottery things. After lunch we still had heaps of time to fill... we just looked at each other and said OPSHOPS!
The first place we went to, my friend hands me this tiny delicate little earthenware dish with the inside covered with white slip and a lovely little design in the bottom with a sticker for $1 and asked me to read the writing on the back as she didn't have her glasses .....
Bleep it says Mavis Jack I told her Shocked
Who is Mavis Jack and is she collectable? She asked.
Bleep yes, I've never seen any of her work in real life.... I replied as I handed her back the darling little thing. : (
Three shops later friend ended up with 4 bulging bags of studio pottery......
At least I had the Crown Lynn to myself Twisted Evil
Found 2 Kashmir side plates and 4 Aurora Gold plates that I'd never seen before.
Dammit ...........as they wouldn't let me just have one though and it cost me $7 for the 4 Evil or Very Mad But I may never see another, so I gave my donation to charity Smile
Also got the most gorgeous pottery cup that I've ever seen ... no mark, but I couldn't leave it behind!
A most unusual opshopping day indeed, but I did learn who made the studio ware with Coromandel written on it ..... I wouldn't spend $6 for the red glazed ramekin with a ground off bottom!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum