NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Richmond Potteries Coffee Pot for the Gallery

Go down

Richmond Potteries Coffee Pot for the Gallery Empty Richmond Potteries Coffee Pot for the Gallery

Post  Jonno on Fri 27 Apr - 20:30

A beautiful piece from this Nelson pottery started by the late Jack Laird.
Elegant in shape and a delight to touch because of the silky glaze.

Pot is 229mm high.

Richmond Potteries Coffee Pot for the Gallery Img_1721 Richmond Potteries Coffee Pot for the Gallery Img_1722Richmond Potteries Coffee Pot for the Gallery Img_1723

Search Laird on the gallery to read about Jack Laird

Last edited by Jonno on Fri 27 Apr - 20:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add reference)
Jonno
Jonno

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Back to top Go down

Richmond Potteries Coffee Pot for the Gallery Empty Re: Richmond Potteries Coffee Pot for the Gallery

Post  Ev on Sun 29 Apr - 8:35

Thanks Jonno.
Richmond pottery is exceptional as the standards were very high and that soft silky glaze is superb.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 15039
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Richmond Potteries Coffee Pot for the Gallery Empty re Richmond Potteries Coffee Pot for the Gallery

Post  Jonno on Sun 20 Jan - 20:50

Found this delightful little mug this week , different glaze to the coffee pot but another great example of the quality pottery from this Nelson establishment, the little depression at the bottom of the handle makes it a delight to hold.Richmond Potteries Coffee Pot for the Gallery Richmo10
Jonno
Jonno

Back to top Go down

Richmond Potteries Coffee Pot for the Gallery Empty Richmond jug

Post  JanPots on Sun 18 May - 12:46

I found this jug the other day, it has a really smooth feel to the glaze..
Richmond Potteries Coffee Pot for the Gallery 03013
Richmond Potteries Coffee Pot for the Gallery Potter10
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 1911
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Richmond Potteries Coffee Pot for the Gallery Empty re Richmond Potteries Coffee Pot for the Gallery

Post  Jonno on Sun 18 May - 16:41

Thanks for posting that Jug, I had to sell my lovely Coffeepot sometime ago but still have a mug in similar style and glaze so dug it out and had a cup of coffee. Yeah!!!!

You can see the photo of it just above your post.

Last edited by Jonno on Sun 18 May - 16:43; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add final sentence)
Jonno
Jonno

Back to top Go down

Richmond Potteries Coffee Pot for the Gallery Empty Re: Richmond Potteries Coffee Pot for the Gallery

Post  JanPots on Sun 18 May - 22:15

I had never heard of Richmond pottery ! - but found a listing on TM that helped me figure out what it was..... your Ex-coffee pot looks quite elegant and this pottery has such a smooth glaze .. I just hope I haven't started "another Collection" please no.. I have no room left !!!  Razz Razz 
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 1911
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum