NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Share your NZ Post sad stories in here .... EmptyToday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Share your NZ Post sad stories in here .... EmptyToday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Share your NZ Post sad stories in here .... EmptyToday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
Share your NZ Post sad stories in here .... EmptyYesterday at 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
Share your NZ Post sad stories in here .... EmptyYesterday at 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Share your NZ Post sad stories in here .... EmptyYesterday at 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Share your NZ Post sad stories in here .... EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
Share your NZ Post sad stories in here .... EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
Share your NZ Post sad stories in here .... EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

Share your NZ Post sad stories in here ....

+3
Cat-a-lat
Jonno
Ev
7 posters

Go down

Share your NZ Post sad stories in here .... Empty Share your NZ Post sad stories in here ....

Post  Ev Sat 20 Oct - 12:14

I don't buy very much from Trademe mainly because of the ridiculous postage charges. There is the odd piece that I have to have though Twisted Evil
My last purchase was about 2 weeks ago and the parcel was posted the next day....
no sign of it yet. Emailed the trader and between us we have concluded that we may never see it again!!!! Thank goodness there wasn't a lot of $$ involved!
This week I did hear about a Loving Cup that went missing in the post
recently .... omg!!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Share your NZ Post sad stories in here .... Empty reSHARE YOUR NZ POST SAD STORIES IN HERE ....

Post  Jonno Sat 20 Oct - 20:34

Oh dear that is so annoying and very sad especially the Loving Cup.
I agree the NZ Postshop charges are a bit on the heavy side but I always make sure there is a trace number and so far have had no problems either lost parcels or damaged goods.
Jonno
Jonno

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Back to top Go down

Share your NZ Post sad stories in here .... Empty Re: Share your NZ Post sad stories in here ....

Post  Cat-a-lat Sat 20 Oct - 22:31

Ask the seller to file a lost parcel claim/report with NZ Post, often this will find a parcel, and if it's within their (2 weeks I think) time frame and the parcel is not recovered, then they will refund - so long as their terms and conditions haven't been breached (apparently they can be tricky with what they regard as collectibles etc)
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Share your NZ Post sad stories in here .... Empty Re: Share your NZ Post sad stories in here ....

Post  Ev Sun 21 Oct - 8:25

Thanks Cat, but the trader did contact NZ Post and as the parcel was a collectable there is no recourse apparently. A bit crazy to my way of thinking, as it's put me off even more buying from Trademe, but they have their 'rules'.

It was a delightful little handpainted dish from the 1950's ... I don't want a refund, I just want the beautiful dish Neutral

Perhaps it's still on it's way?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Sun 21 Oct - 9:09

I have had a few parcels disappear into the mist over the years, but NZ Post has always paid out to me, and I in turn have refunded the buyer. A collectable item is not covered, but if I am disposing of it, I don't consider it to be collectable to me, so it's just an old item, and have been paid out even when I have given the Trade Me reference number.

I had a giant CL urn arrive the other day in pieces, not packed properly, so can't claim on it, and the seller is adamant she packed it well, but it was sliding up and down in the box, so no wonder it was smashed. Sometimes we do end up out of pocket.

I have never had a breakage with courier though, and Fastways are very price competative (around $8 for up to 5kg), so if the seller does not use them, I ask if I can send a ticket to them, and get them to send to me that way.
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2360
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 25 Oct - 7:50

Got a form from NZ Post yesterday.... please tick the appropriate box -

The article was received on (date)

A replacement article was received on (date)

The article has not been received to date

The delivery address changed on (date)

So the trader has been proactive and is following up which is good news. It looks like there may be a refund coming my way, but I just want the little dish to turn up.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 30 Oct - 19:03

NZ Post have offered me compensation in the form of NZ Post products to the value of what I paid for the little dish and postage.
The trader had their details on the parcel and is finding it hard to understand how it could go missing.
I will have to think about this, as I rarely use a stamp anymore ......
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonno Tue 30 Oct - 22:10

Just so that I am clear about what happened.

The parcel went missing , did it have a "Track Code" ?

If it did what did NZ Post say?

Compensation in the form of NZ Post Products is not really suitable in my opinion eiher wether you use stamps much or not.

I am not a lawyer but I would have thought there is a form of contract between the sender and NZ Post and they have a responsibility to perform their part and have failed. Some monetary settlement is indicated it seems to me.

Jonno
Jonno

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 31 Oct - 7:00

When the trader first contacted NZ Post, they said that because it was such a small parcel this would have meant that it was 'un-tracked', which would make it harder to find .....?
I think I will just look at auctions that have a pick up option from now on Razz
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Wed 31 Oct - 7:17

To add my little bit, from my couple of experiences, NZ Post offers stamps for smaller amounts (up to $5 or $10?), but they do pay into your account for larger amounts, as I have had a payment made. sunny
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 1 Nov - 11:55

I help my husband on Wednesday evenings and we use many Courier bags to pack parcels into for delivery all over NZ. Last night one of the packers gave me a small package that was stuck in the bottom of a bag. Luckily there was a phone no on it so I rang this morning and the person came over from Parnell to pick it up, as it contained old pocket watch keys to the value of $420 that he was waiting for. Unbelievable !!!!
Perhaps this is what has happened to my little parcel ..... I can only hope so.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 4 Nov - 8:03

So, what happens regarding feedback in these situations?
Trademe has asked that I place feedback, but the trade hasn't been completed ... help!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonno Sun 4 Nov - 16:50

Hi Ev,
I had a problem a wee while back and went to the 'help' page in 'community'
on the Trademe site and if you scroll down a little there is an email option.

Just explain the story to them and they should also get in touch with the seller to resolve the problems that have arisen and they may also suggest how you complete the auction process in a case such as this.

Hope this helps

Jonno
Jonno

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Sun 4 Nov - 17:23

Ev wrote:So, what happens regarding feedback in these situations?
Trademe has asked that I place feedback, but the trade hasn't been completed ... help!

Place 'interim' feedback (usually positive) along the lines of 'still working with this trader to resolve this trade' (or whatever is appropriate to the issue) before the 45 days you have to place feedback has passed. When you are certain of the final outcome of trade (either you have received your item or appropriate compensation etc) then you can edit your feedback (feedback can be edited at any length of time after being placed, but only once!) to reflect how the trade turned out in the end.

Last edited by Cat-a-lat on Sun 4 Nov - 17:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 5 Nov - 12:13

Thanks for your help Cat. Both the trader and I have posted similar feedback. I can't speak highly enough about that trader being so helpful in unfortunate circumstances.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 17 Feb - 18:22

Gosh I wonder how often this happens?????
I just had to fill out another form for NZ Post to confirm that I hadn't received a parcel.
It was a surprise gift from hon-john about NZ and Australian pottery history.
John has told NZ Post that he is not interested in any compensation, as the book was one that was hard to find and he wants the book found!!!
John always uses Fastways and wishes that he had this time, as it would have arrived safely weeks ago!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Share your NZ Post sad stories in here .... Empty My NZ post temuka sob story

Post  Thelma Mon 18 Feb - 14:55

I still have this picture taken just after receiving a parcel which was reasonably well packed, but maybe should have been transported flat. Oh well! Sad
Never got any joy from NZ Post or the sender.

Share your NZ Post sad stories in here .... Plate110
Thelma
Thelma

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Glenys Mon 18 Feb - 16:18

Since NZ post lost a small 'Track & Trace' parcel I have never bothered to pay for the service. Yes, they tracked it - to where it went missing!!!
However I thought I'd just mention that I gritted my teeth and bought some CL I really wanted recently from 2 different traders and had it posted. Today the second parcel arrived, like the first, in tip top condition. Both were basically 'double boxed'. I'm putting feedback about packaging on both sites.

Glenys

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-08-29

Back to top Go down

Share your NZ Post sad stories in here .... Empty MY AMBRICO JUG !!!!!!!!!

Post  mumof1 Thu 4 Apr - 16:28

Sad Sad Sad Remember my Ambrico jug I bought? http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t3275-crown-lynn-russell-hobbs-coffee-perk#10528 - it has never arrived Sad Mad Sad
The seller is being very uncooperative and won't give a tracking number Suspect
He said he is trying to get one from NZ Post Suspect Suspect
I suspect I will never see the jug as both his shop number and mobile number seem to have been disconnected since I tracked him down just before Easter.
Have just contacted Trade Me Twisted Evil but would really like to have the jug please sunny
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 4 Apr - 16:49

Oh Dear!! It does sound fishy if he can't give you a tracking number Suspect
That wasn't cheap either and they are not often seen as they are so old .... boooo hooo!
I have very little faith in NZ Post ..... we found another parcel in a Courier Bag last week that hadn't reached it's destination. We did put it in with our lot and hopefully they will get what ever it was even if it may be late.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glenys Thu 4 Apr - 19:15

It sound more to me like he didn't actually pay for track and trace! Otherwise he'd have a number.

Glenys

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Sat 6 Apr - 20:41

Good news! As it turns out, after a very long series of events, the jug was never posted. It was however put on a courier 3 days ago, and is now here!! So glad the seller kept in contact so I did not waste 3 weeks worrying about where it was or trying to get some action (NOT!) Not even anything to do with NZ Post after all. sunny
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Share your NZ Post sad stories in here .... Empty Barry Brickell broken bowl

Post  Ev Wed 11 Jun - 7:54

Won a Barry Brickell bowl on TM the other day which went under the radar of the collectors due to a bad photograph.  As it matched a plate I have of his, I knew what it was and how disappointed am I now that it has arrived in many pieces.  Crying or Very sad 
I will take a pic when time permits, just to record the piece.

Share your NZ Post sad stories in here .... Barry_10

Last edited by Ev on Thu 12 Jun - 13:25; edited 2 times in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thelma Wed 11 Jun - 22:23

Awww! Sad 
Thelma
Thelma

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Thu 12 Jun - 0:21

Over the years I have received so much broken glass and china in the mail that I would not attempt to list it. I'm dealing with one at the moment, packaging failure not courier fault. I'd put the packing/packaging/care failure rate at about 5%. And so often even when the goods do arrive intact the packing is so poor that it can only have been a miracle. When I pick up a package I can usually tell straight away from the movement inside, if not the tinkling sound if its contents.

It always saddens me to know that I have played a part in the demise of a historical object, but this is a risk we must take as collectors.

On a brighter note, I once received a parcel from France containing a large glass light shade, a foot across. French packaging is brilliant and this was the best. A brown paper package all tied up with string. There was no screwed up or shredded newspaper, bubble-wrap, foam rubber, polystyrene sheet or beads. The twine threaded through cardboard cylinders suspending the glass within the sturdy box. It was a work of art.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum