NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large bowl with unknown mark.
medium - Not sure what to make of a 2147 Medium Swan that I found today ... EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
medium - Not sure what to make of a 2147 Medium Swan that I found today ... EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
medium - Not sure what to make of a 2147 Medium Swan that I found today ... EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
medium - Not sure what to make of a 2147 Medium Swan that I found today ... EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
medium - Not sure what to make of a 2147 Medium Swan that I found today ... EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
medium - Not sure what to make of a 2147 Medium Swan that I found today ... EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
medium - Not sure what to make of a 2147 Medium Swan that I found today ... EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
medium - Not sure what to make of a 2147 Medium Swan that I found today ... EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

» Martin McLean
medium - Not sure what to make of a 2147 Medium Swan that I found today ... EmptyYesterday at 8:48 by Ev

Not sure what to make of a 2147 Medium Swan that I found today ...

Go down

medium - Not sure what to make of a 2147 Medium Swan that I found today ... Empty Not sure what to make of a 2147 Medium Swan that I found today ...

Post  Ev Mon 17 Dec - 15:32

It's a puzzle really as I can just see the numbers, but also scratched into the base are the letters CH. The weight feels right for Crown Lynn .... even the clay looks right, but there is a slash of black colour across the 'nose' and a black dot on each eye ....?
It was only $6 and has a chip on one wing and may be the nearest thing I ever get to a real swan.
I can't decide if it's a Hobby Ceramics piece or not, though those pieces are usually a lot lighter weight than Crown Lynn scratch

Photos to come ....
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

medium - Not sure what to make of a 2147 Medium Swan that I found today ... Empty Re: Not sure what to make of a 2147 Medium Swan that I found today ...

Post  Ev Wed 19 Dec - 11:27

I've decided that this has been decorated by someone with the initials CH, as I can't find any others that have a black nose and one black dot for an eye. Yes they only gave it one eye Rolling Eyes
This has a very good clear glaze on it - over the really white clay and it has been fired on stilts as I can see the stilt marks ... the foot-ring is glazed.
I would like to know if other 2147's are fired in the same way.
Gosh I like this 2147 curiosity very much .... chip and all :cloud7:

medium - Not sure what to make of a 2147 Medium Swan that I found today ... 2147_c10

medium - Not sure what to make of a 2147 Medium Swan that I found today ... 2147_f10

Any comments would be appreciated Smile

medium - Not sure what to make of a 2147 Medium Swan that I found today ... 2147_b10

The faint number 2147 which I have tried to enhance ...
medium - Not sure what to make of a 2147 Medium Swan that I found today ... 2147_n10
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

medium - Not sure what to make of a 2147 Medium Swan that I found today ... Empty Re: Not sure what to make of a 2147 Medium Swan that I found today ...

Post  Ev Mon 22 Sep - 19:03

This is definitely a Hobby Ceramics piece, but how did they get a Crown Lynn medium swan to paint in the first place? That is the question I would like answered.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum