NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large bowl with unknown mark.
Need help with this Jumbo sized cup please .... - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
Need help with this Jumbo sized cup please .... - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
Need help with this Jumbo sized cup please .... - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
Need help with this Jumbo sized cup please .... - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
Need help with this Jumbo sized cup please .... - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
Need help with this Jumbo sized cup please .... - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
Need help with this Jumbo sized cup please .... - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
Need help with this Jumbo sized cup please .... - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

» Martin McLean
Need help with this Jumbo sized cup please .... - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:48 by Ev

Need help with this Jumbo sized cup please ....

+4
Kat & Co.
mumof1
Jonno
Ev
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Need help with this Jumbo sized cup please .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Need help with this Jumbo sized cup please ....

Post  mumof1 Tue 23 Apr - 16:27

here is another of those cups, again unmarked http://www.trademe.co.nz/pottery-glass/porcelain-pottery/crown-lynn/cups-saucers/auction-583884305.htm sunny
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2359
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Need help with this Jumbo sized cup please .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Need help with this Jumbo sized cup please ....

Post  mumof1 Wed 14 Aug - 8:28

An example of the Silver Maple jumbo cup http://www.trademe.co.nz/pottery-glass/porcelain-pottery/crown-lynn/plates-platters/auction-626429928.htm
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2359
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  bopmum Wed 14 Aug - 8:31

I noticed this traders listing last night, gosh she has some nice pieces for sale.
bopmum
bopmum

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2013-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 26 Jan - 9:28

Bumps for Janice ...... check out the Fleurette shapes
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Sun 26 Jan - 9:50

I see that now!! look at the handle .. another handle shape I have not seen on the fluerette cup ...
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 12 May - 13:46

I don't have any Jumbo cup saucers, but there is a Fleurette on in this thread that Marl posted ..... go back a page. There is also mention of an unusual four digit numbered Fleurette cup and saucer too. I so wish that we could work these out !!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Mon 12 May - 14:47

Ev,
I've stretched Marl's fleurette saucer to make it circular again.
Here it is with the saucer from my 3023 (Purple Myrtle) can and the 744 all at the same scale. The proportions work. Accurate measurements and a pic of the underside of Marl's would help.
Need help with this Jumbo sized cup please .... - Page 2 3sauce12

Marl, Ev and I have been chatting about the saucers here:
http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t5139-kelston-coffee-can-candy-stripe#19100
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Marl474 Mon 12 May - 15:13

Sorry, I no longer have that saucer and I did not measure it I am afraid. cheers, Marl
Marl474
Marl474

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Mon 12 May - 15:38

I think i have it!! ... Marl.. did you sell a few pieces that were chipped ( usable for mosaic ) on TM a while ago? Cup/saucers and an ashet if I remember correctly -  Razz Razz 
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Mon 12 May - 15:59

Janice, if you find it ... try sitting the Candy Stripe can on it and let's us know how it fits!
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Mon 12 May - 17:17

I will , but everything is boxed up ATM as I am in the process of having a cabinet built - so I might not be able to find them that fast....
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Mon 12 May - 18:16

Do you have an Autumn Splendour one coming that you can measure?
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Tue 13 May - 6:33

Are you watching my TM listings LOL-- I have but I was not convinced that they were jumbo as ( at first glance) seem to be the same size as a 805, the well is bigger thats all I could see different. I will look again, may get Thursday/Friday as I won't get a chance before then.
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Tue 13 May - 11:55

I haven't been stalking you as such!

Once I saw what your trademe name was I had a look through your feedbacks to see what you'd been buying. As far as I know feedbacks are the only way on trademe to see what others have bought, or sold.

I'll be interested to hear about the Mayfair saucer too: a jumbo vit suggests a 4635 but it doesn't look like a 4635.

There was a time on eBay when you could look through what your competitors were bidding on as the auctions were still running but they changed that along with a whole lot of other privacy provisions.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 11 Dec - 17:37

Marl474 wrote:Scored this cup and saucer recently along with other pieces of Fleurette. The cup is the same size as the ones shown on this topic, 10cm across and 7.5cm high.Need help with this Jumbo sized cup please .... - Page 2 Fleure10Need help with this Jumbo sized cup please .... - Page 2 Fleure11Need help with this Jumbo sized cup please .... - Page 2 Fleure12

Just to confirm that this cup shape is 3016 and the saucer is 4017 and I'm putting your saucer into the Gallery Marl cheers
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Thu 7 May - 19:22

Ev wrote:Here is a Breakfast cup courtesy of Charmaine which she called a Grandfather cup and it just happens to be fleurette -

Need help with this Jumbo sized cup please .... - Page 2 Fleure10

I know it's a Breakfast cup because of this diagram -
Need help with this Jumbo sized cup please .... - Page 2 Dinner10

The only references to a Breakfast cup are these entries -

802 - Breakfast Cup - Earthenware
832 - Breakfast Cup - Earthenware
3016 - same as 3613 (Father's) Earthenware -first made 14.7.65
3613 - Breakfast Cup as 3016 Vitrified - first made 6.12.65

So I'm leaning towards this shape to be probably 832 in three digits and 3016 in Earthenware and 3613 in Vitrified ware ....... which only helps to eliminate another shape while trying to find the Jumbo shape Razz

Ev,
If you are happy with Portage's decision on 802 then we have a photo for the gallery.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 8 May - 7:16

Hi Jeremy,  I want to confirm those numbers now that I have access to the records.  I spied this shape somewhere this week, but didn't see the number.  
I'm sure I will.  I am on the lookout for several cup shapes.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 8 May - 9:27

Yay !!! This shape has now been confirmed as an 802 cheers
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Need help with this Jumbo sized cup please .... - Page 2 Empty saucer sizes comparison 744 and 4017

Post  Jeremy Ashford Fri 9 Dec - 15:32

I just checked the measurements for my recently acquired Fleurette 744 saucer, from the 1960s against my 1950s Firsta Gaye, the first holding a new 802 and the second with an old 802, and against a Fleurette jumbo cup saucer 4017.
The 744s from different decades have saucers of the same diameter but the later one is slightly heavier, sturdier. The diameters are closer to 157mm than 156.
The jumbo saucer 4017 is just 150mm, significantly smaller.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum