NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Lolly Pink vs d series pink vs lavender from Banker EmptyYesterday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Lolly Pink vs d series pink vs lavender from Banker EmptyYesterday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Lolly Pink vs d series pink vs lavender from Banker EmptyYesterday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
Lolly Pink vs d series pink vs lavender from Banker EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
Lolly Pink vs d series pink vs lavender from Banker EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Lolly Pink vs d series pink vs lavender from Banker EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Lolly Pink vs d series pink vs lavender from Banker EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
Lolly Pink vs d series pink vs lavender from Banker EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
Lolly Pink vs d series pink vs lavender from Banker EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

Lolly Pink vs d series pink vs lavender from Banker

2 posters

Go down

Lolly Pink vs d series pink vs lavender from Banker Empty Lolly Pink vs d series pink vs lavender from Banker

Post  Ev Thu 21 Feb - 21:58

Lolly Pink vs d series pink vs lavender from Banker Lolly_10
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Lolly Pink vs d series pink vs lavender from Banker Empty Clarification of which is which

Post  Banker Fri 22 Feb - 11:26

Just note to all: The one in the middle is the lolly pink. The darker one is the one that seems to pair perfectly with the D range of saucers and is a mottled mauvey pink (if that makes sense). There are common questions on trademe etc about whether colours are lolly pink or not - it is a very hard colour to photograph correctly. Even in this pic, the lolly pink is slightly too dark.

I would be very interested in knowing if anyone has come across a saucer to exactly match the lavender cup (yes, the cup is stamped NZ). There is a lilac (darker) saucer which matches the Forma colour but it seems to wash out this cup. I have paired it with an anenomie saucer which has a yellow flower in it as well.
Banker
Banker

Number of posts : 98
Location : Nelson in my little cottage with hubby Jeremy (my name is Gemma)
Registration date : 2012-02-02

Back to top Go down

Lolly Pink vs d series pink vs lavender from Banker Empty Re: Lolly Pink vs d series pink vs lavender from Banker

Post  Ev Fri 22 Feb - 18:53

Banker your photos are brilliant !!
Can you tell me what the D range of saucers are .... I'm not sure what you mean.
I would love to know the Crown Lynn names for those three cup colours .....
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Lolly Pink vs d series pink vs lavender from Banker Empty Re: Lolly Pink vs d series pink vs lavender from Banker

Post  Banker Fri 22 Feb - 19:09

Thank you :0). I enjoy setting everything up nicely to take a good photo.

D series are the saucers that are slightly larger and heavier than colour glaze and they have a number on the back prefaced by a D.

Here is one (colour is odd in that pic) that sold on trademe.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=555994679
Banker
Banker

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sat 23 Feb - 18:09

How very intriguing!
I now have to make a date with my colour glaze saucers to check out such things .....
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Banker Sat 23 Feb - 18:37

Just remember, the D series is later, has a factory print rather than a cool stamp and is heavier. I think patterns like Spring Fair etc have the D stamp and are the same. Not marked colour glaze etc. You would know if you had one as the shape is different. Often see blue ones on trademe.

Got a perfect Magambo (not sure if that is spelled right) cup today for a steal. They are so darn cute! I always assumed they were larger. Love. Will have to hunt down a saucer for it.
Banker
Banker

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 25 Feb - 8:38

How many different colour glaze pinks are there Banker?

I had fun with all of my colour glaze yesterday, I matched up all of the colours that I have and found that they are on wares across the board, not just colour glaze e.g. even Apollo has colour glaze that match the colour glaze colours. Forma does too and Shape 25 wares. Some of these have the deco number too, but mostly that is the rimmed ware.
I believe that all of the colours have their own deco [d] number, regardless if it says colour glaze or not.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Banker Tue 26 Feb - 15:25

I have had some/still have some of the following colours (using my own names). Included is everything I have seen or had a stamped tulip cup in.

Pink (what I call blue pink or lolly pink which is what I collect... The pink used in Forma is very similar but newer, a lot of the Forma is a bit different re hues)
Dusky pink speckle
Plum
Burgundy (later plum I think)
Cream speckle
Pale blue speckle
Lavendar (only had a tulip in this)
Lilac (as in Forma, but have had a colour glaze saucer the same)
Lime (as in sorbet green)
Green (as in Army green)
Olive (as in Egmont green)
Bright green (Gigi)
Khaki (darker Egmont)
Mustard
Dark mustard speckle
Salmon
Milo (darker version of salmon)
Brown (milk chocolate)
Dark brown (almost black)
Powder blue
Teal (bluey green)
Blue
Darkest blue (have seen a demitasse in this colour)
Light grey
Dark grey
Mushroom (browney grey)
Lemon
Egg yolk yellow
Pineapple yellow
Burnt orange
Brighter orange (may just be newer)
White
Black

Last edited by Banker on Tue 26 Feb - 15:30; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added one)
Banker
Banker

Back to top Go down

Post  Banker Tue 26 Feb - 15:32

Got a pink Apollo cup today that looked so different in the photo but is actually a perfect match for my collection. Thrilled as this is the third one I have had and they have all been very different.
Banker
Banker

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 26 Feb - 18:42

That is excellent info Banker cheers
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Banker Tue 26 Feb - 19:51

I have probably missed some! I personally have not owned all but a friend has been collecting duos in each colour.
Banker
Banker

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sat 2 Mar - 9:10

Banker wrote:Thank you :0). I enjoy setting everything up nicely to take a good photo.

D series are the saucers that are slightly larger and heavier than colour glaze and they have a number on the back prefaced by a D.

Here is one (colour is odd in that pic) that sold on trademe.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=555994679

This auction may be another of the ones that you mean -
http://www.trademe.co.nz/pottery-glass/porcelain-pottery/crown-lynn/cups-saucers/auction-568077239.htm
The Crown Lynn records show d00074 to be Citrus and have [New Colours] in brackets.
The time frame for this is the mid 1980's.
Heh I thought that the burnt orange colour was a candidate for Citrus Razz
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Banker Sat 2 Mar - 9:13

I am referring to the saucers that have D and then some numbers on the bottom instead of Colour glaze, Capri etc. Yes, like that one. They are heavier and a bit bigger.

That colour is often described as Pineapple. There are two colour glaze saucers listed at the moment in the same colour. It is actually really nice. I have a duo here and it is quite striking!
Banker
Banker

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sat 28 Jan - 6:33

Banker sent a photo to the site of a lovely lavender Apollo cup to share with us.
It's a very unusual colour and I'm wondering if it was part of a Colour Glaze Apollo set.

Thank you banker Very Happy

Lolly Pink vs d series pink vs lavender from Banker Mauve_10
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Banker Sat 28 Jan - 8:41

I really think it must have been because I have had a normal shape colour glaze saucer (with the swirly Colour Glaze back stamp) which matched this perfectly which is darker than the tulip cup by a country mile. The same colour as Forma purple.
Banker
Banker

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum