NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Is this Crown Lynn and can you tell me more about this design? EmptyYesterday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Is this Crown Lynn and can you tell me more about this design? EmptyYesterday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Is this Crown Lynn and can you tell me more about this design? EmptyYesterday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
Is this Crown Lynn and can you tell me more about this design? EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
Is this Crown Lynn and can you tell me more about this design? EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Is this Crown Lynn and can you tell me more about this design? EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Is this Crown Lynn and can you tell me more about this design? EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
Is this Crown Lynn and can you tell me more about this design? EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
Is this Crown Lynn and can you tell me more about this design? EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

Is this Crown Lynn and can you tell me more about this design?

4 posters

Go down

Is this Crown Lynn and can you tell me more about this design? Empty Is this Crown Lynn and can you tell me more about this design?

Post  Zeb Tue 26 Mar - 7:52

I came across a mug in this design and colour in an op shop and fell in love.

What I'd like to know is...

Is it Crown Lynn?

And what is the design's history? When was it first produced, what was it's "run" and why is it so hard to find! I'm trawling through TradeMe looking for it and the op shops I've visited (in Auckland) don't have it.

Also do you know if a tea pot / coffee pot was made in this design?

Thanks for any help/advice/info you can give. SmileIs this Crown Lynn and can you tell me more about this design? Blog+ginger+cannister+daisies+sml

Zeb

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-03-26

Back to top Go down

Is this Crown Lynn and can you tell me more about this design? Empty Re: Is this Crown Lynn and can you tell me more about this design?

Post  mumof1 Tue 26 Mar - 8:37

Oh I love this gorgeous honey colour! If you look in the gallery under Crown Lynn with four digits, you will find the three containers like this one, a coffee mug and a coffee pot. I think Ev would have more knowledge regarding your other questions. sunny
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2360
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Is this Crown Lynn and can you tell me more about this design? Empty Re: Is this Crown Lynn and can you tell me more about this design?

Post  Zeb Tue 26 Mar - 9:45

Thanks mumof1! Smile

Had a look and pratically drooled over my desk at that coffee pot. Would love to own one! Smile

I found an auction on TM but because I'm a new member I can post it. It's got heaps of photos of more china made with this design.

Zeb

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 26 Mar - 18:33

Welcome to the site Zeb Very Happy

I checked the Crown Lynn records and the 1149 Daisy Mug was first made in 1972.
The 1187 soup bowl was first made in 1973.
the 1302-1303-1304 canisters were first made in 1979.
The 1433 Coffee Pot doesn't have a date, but it's probably around 1984, going by the shapes before it.
This range appears to have been popular for them to continue making it for more than 10 years!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Banker Wed 27 Mar - 10:14

Be careful buying these from trademe. I bought two cannister sets for a friend and both sets turned up broken as the seller wrapped them up with the cork in. Very easy to break for some reason. If you do purchase online, ask them to send with the corks out! Come up a lot on trademe, often called retro pot, honey glaze, etc.
Banker
Banker

Number of posts : 98
Location : Nelson in my little cottage with hubby Jeremy (my name is Gemma)
Registration date : 2012-02-02

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum