NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics

Oh, Hikurangi! PHOTO LINKS ADDED

Go down

Oh, Hikurangi! PHOTO LINKS ADDED Empty Oh, Hikurangi! PHOTO LINKS ADDED

Post  Jeremy Ashford on Wed 6 Nov - 12:29

Two weeks since my last 17km drive to Hikurangi so I though I'd take the gamble.

Two visits:  (1) Red Cross, and (2) the second-hand shop I have yet to get my head round providing a name for. The Red Cross is a great store, cheap of course, and they always seem to have something for me. As I don't have access to the iPad for the rest of the week I will add these items to the relevant topics when I can and leave links here later.

(1)
*On my last visit here I bought a Royal Oak Lava Glaze coffee set. This time they had the coffee pot, sugar, and creamer for the blue flower set. I already have a spoon jar in blue but that is for the large flower design. I know these Royal Oak sets are not everyone's cup of tea but they are cheap enough and ultimately worth collecting for the historical record. I have three now.
*A  four inch Royal Oak corked canister in rather a lovely glaze.
*A single R/O mug in a glaze I don't have.
*Crown Lynn 1316 Zodiac Star Signs: Gemini. I already have a plain black 1316 and a Sagittarius.
I have seen a few of these on the forum already so I think I would like set up a topic for these in the hope that we will eventually have a gallery of all 12 Zodiac patterns.
*C/L 1043, to replace the one I got at Avondale a fortnight ago, then broke!
*C/L Green "Caribbean Ware" c&s. I don't collect tulip cups, but can see from my Fleurette that this is not the standard tulip, so it may be the one known as "fat bum".
*Three C/L egg cups: Even though I need egg cups I have avoided these so far as I see they can be very expensive. I've just checked the gallery http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/gallery/Crown-Lynn-Eggcups/Crown-Lynn-Eggcups-cat_c17.htm and see that I have a yellow "standing duck", a pale turquoise "rabbit and cart", and a chipped creamy mottled "bird".
*Yet another Orzel creamer matching my coffee set. And
*A stack of "Crown Crystal" Keith Mahy "Anker" glass tumblers.

(2)
*A "set" of three R/O Lava Glaze square corked canisters: coffee, milo, and ... MILO!
*A six inch Royal Oak blue flower corked canister. And
*Yet another ubiquitous Chinese stacking mug.

So with my wallet almost empty I went to the bakery for a doughnut. The owner has a bric-a-brac collection on display in the window and on the top shelf of the shop. In the window I spotted a lovely Aquila oil/vinegar jug complete with label, similar in shape etc to the Orzel ones seen on the forum: NFS! Tough!

http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t4117-royal-oak-blue-and-brown#14562
http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t26-is-that-a-rabbit-and-cart-eggcup#14582

Last edited by Jeremy Ashford on Mon 11 Nov - 13:27; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : add links etc)
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3150
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum