NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Titanware J107 - 2 Jug in Yellow (looks like colourglaze)  EmptyToday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Titanware J107 - 2 Jug in Yellow (looks like colourglaze)  EmptyToday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Titanware J107 - 2 Jug in Yellow (looks like colourglaze)  EmptyToday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
Titanware J107 - 2 Jug in Yellow (looks like colourglaze)  EmptyYesterday at 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
Titanware J107 - 2 Jug in Yellow (looks like colourglaze)  EmptyYesterday at 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Titanware J107 - 2 Jug in Yellow (looks like colourglaze)  EmptyYesterday at 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Titanware J107 - 2 Jug in Yellow (looks like colourglaze)  EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
Titanware J107 - 2 Jug in Yellow (looks like colourglaze)  EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
Titanware J107 - 2 Jug in Yellow (looks like colourglaze)  EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

Titanware J107 - 2 Jug in Yellow (looks like colourglaze)

2 posters

Go down

Titanware J107 - 2 Jug in Yellow (looks like colourglaze)  Empty Titanware J107 - 2 Jug in Yellow (looks like colourglaze)

Post  Cat-a-lat Mon 2 Dec - 12:06

Spotted this at our end of year volunteer function, phone camera photo doesn't do colour justice (and red reflection from my very red top). It is just gorgeous!

Numbers a little hard to make out, but pretty sure it was J107-2 (the 2 is size? So would 1 be bigger?)

ANy idea on how old this would be?

Titanware J107 - 2 Jug in Yellow (looks like colourglaze)  Cam01010

I didn't attempt to photograph base because, a) my phone camera isn't really up to it and b) jug was full of milk
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Titanware J107 - 2 Jug in Yellow (looks like colourglaze)  Empty Re: Titanware J107 - 2 Jug in Yellow (looks like colourglaze)

Post  Cat-a-lat Mon 2 Dec - 12:10

I had a wee peek in the cupboard, and there were plenty of other treasures in there too, but it was a bit busy to do a full-scale exploration. There was Autumn Splendour, Topaz, some apollo plates plus various colourglaze, and plenty more that I couldn't get to.

I did notice a couple of 'speckled' colourglaze tulip cups in a cream/fawn colour with slightly gold/tan speckles - I regret not getting a photo now.
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Titanware J107 - 2 Jug in Yellow (looks like colourglaze)  Empty Re: Titanware J107 - 2 Jug in Yellow (looks like colourglaze)

Post  Ev Mon 2 Dec - 12:27

Wow thanks Cat !!
This has a Titian look to it and the numbers appear to be Titian.
The sizing starts at 0 for the smallest size usually, so a 2 would be a medium sized jug.
The country would have long forgotten Crown Lynn and Titian in cupboards in every town Very Happy Recently a local Bowling Club was being renovated and they sent all of their ancient crockery to the local Sallies, much to my delight.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Mon 2 Dec - 15:27

"Titianware" embossed (if that's what you call it) on base as well as numbers, so definitely Titian Smile

I love nosying in church hall and club cupboards, - colourglaze seems particularly prolific in them, due no doubt to it being the "cheap and cheerful" of the day!
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Mon 2 Dec - 15:30

It's a good sized jug (probably holds somewhere between a pint and a litre), so the large '1' size must be quite large indeed! That's a 2 litre milk bottle cap at the bottom right of photo, so an idea of scale.

DId you have any idea of when this shape would have been in production?
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 2 Dec - 16:13

Hmmmm Titianware on the base plus numbers usually indicate Crown Lynn .....?
Anyway a letter before the number shows that it's Titian.
Actually the last separate numbers are usually 0 - 1 - 2 - 3.
Zero being the smallest and 3 the largest size.
Not sure when this would have been made but it would have to be before Crown Lynn took over Titian which was around 1968ish.
Gosh I bumped into Bev Brown of Titian fame at the Sallies and my mind went blanko
of all the million things we want to know - I couldn't even think of one of them!
Ha she wanted to know if I had found anything Titian and I had which is most unusual, but it wasn't at that opshop Smile
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Mon 2 Dec - 16:16

Oops, I see I misread your first post re sizing lol.. must be christmas mush-brain setting in...Embarassed
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum