NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Cups - A flock of 3056 Phillipine Bell Cups courtesy of fi .... EmptyYesterday at 19:37 by Maryr

» Cornwall Collection d836 Contemporary Ceramics
Cups - A flock of 3056 Phillipine Bell Cups courtesy of fi .... EmptyYesterday at 13:12 by Ev

» Mark James Canvastown Marlborough
Cups - A flock of 3056 Phillipine Bell Cups courtesy of fi .... EmptySat 27 Apr - 7:23 by Ev

» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Cups - A flock of 3056 Phillipine Bell Cups courtesy of fi .... EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Cups - A flock of 3056 Phillipine Bell Cups courtesy of fi .... EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Cups - A flock of 3056 Phillipine Bell Cups courtesy of fi .... EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Cups - A flock of 3056 Phillipine Bell Cups courtesy of fi .... EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Cups - A flock of 3056 Phillipine Bell Cups courtesy of fi .... EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Cups - A flock of 3056 Phillipine Bell Cups courtesy of fi .... EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

A flock of 3056 Phillipine Bell Cups courtesy of fi ....

4 posters

Go down

Cups - A flock of 3056 Phillipine Bell Cups courtesy of fi .... Empty A flock of 3056 Phillipine Bell Cups courtesy of fi ....

Post  Ev Mon 10 Feb - 21:15

Thank you fi and look at all of those patters that we don't have!!
These were first made in April 1981, so were a later rather than earlier shape.
Many patterns did use this shaped cup though as can be seen from fi's photo.

Cups - A flock of 3056 Phillipine Bell Cups courtesy of fi .... Fi_the10
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17731
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Cups - A flock of 3056 Phillipine Bell Cups courtesy of fi .... Empty Re: A flock of 3056 Phillipine Bell Cups courtesy of fi ....

Post  Kat & Co. Tue 11 Feb - 9:08

OK cups are bell shape.. but why Philippine?  cat
ps they look fab together!

Last edited by Kat & Co. on Tue 11 Feb - 9:58; edited 1 time in total
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2311
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Cups - A flock of 3056 Phillipine Bell Cups courtesy of fi .... Empty Re: A flock of 3056 Phillipine Bell Cups courtesy of fi ....

Post  Cat-a-lat Tue 11 Feb - 9:34

I presumed they would have been made there (Philippines --  one 'L' two 'P's   Wink  and I only know that because it came up in spellchecker when I spelled it wrong lol  Embarassed )
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 11 Feb - 18:29

Checked the description and that is how they spelt Phillipine ...
but now I notice (NZ) after it. All a mystery to me of course Wink
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17731
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Tue 11 Feb - 18:52

I have a solitary cup in this shape, dressed in Blue Willow, and the mark on the base is the raised "Made In New Zealand". The gallery description threw me.
(Mine is definitely "earthenware", and not a 3061.)

Great set fi!

Last edited by Jeremy Ashford on Wed 12 Feb - 12:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Tue 11 Feb - 19:13

Well they do look bell shaped (turn em upside down hehehe)) and they look rather like this famous Philippines bell... http://fineartamerica.com/featured/this-is-the-philippines-no89-san-agustin-church-bell-paul-w-sharpe-aka-wizard-of-wonders.html   allowing a bit of artistic license  Wink
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum