NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» R A Shufflebotham, painter (Not NZ)
This string mouse is not Temuka, so who made it? EmptyToday at 7:46 by Maryr

» Northland Pottery identification
This string mouse is not Temuka, so who made it? EmptyThu 25 Jul - 16:57 by Wayne

» Topaz Tableware by Crown Lynn
This string mouse is not Temuka, so who made it? EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:53 by Ev

» Like Topaz and Like Vintage made in Philippines
This string mouse is not Temuka, so who made it? EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:48 by Itsyawnoc

» Crown Lynn bambi lamp for gallery
This string mouse is not Temuka, so who made it? EmptyTue 23 Jul - 19:24 by BeauMontgomeryEverett

» Shape 72 being used for the first time ...
This string mouse is not Temuka, so who made it? EmptyTue 23 Jul - 10:38 by Ev

» Blue glaze cup CB?
This string mouse is not Temuka, so who made it? EmptySun 21 Jul - 17:28 by Ferret

» Vintage Pat. No. 982
This string mouse is not Temuka, so who made it? EmptySat 20 Jul - 18:15 by nessymc2

» Can you help with identifying this Potters Mark please?
This string mouse is not Temuka, so who made it? EmptySat 20 Jul - 15:35 by JanPots

This string mouse is not Temuka, so who made it?

5 posters

Go down

This string mouse is not Temuka, so who made it? Empty This string mouse is not Temuka, so who made it?

Post  Maryr Sat 1 Mar - 15:31

On the site there are a couple of queries about this wee mouse, and I am going to be so bold as to say it's Temuka. I have one on my shelves and its glaze is identical to all that brown dinnerware. 13 cm nose to tail.
This string mouse is not Temuka, so who made it? X_temu13

This string mouse is not Temuka, so who made it? X_temu14

This string mouse is not Temuka, so who made it? X_temu15
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1988
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

This string mouse is not Temuka, so who made it? Empty Re: This string mouse is not Temuka, so who made it?

Post  leish Sat 1 Mar - 19:10

Oh my goodness, this is adorable!!! I want one!!! Wink

leish

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

This string mouse is not Temuka, so who made it? Empty Re: This string mouse is not Temuka, so who made it?

Post  Cat-a-lat Sat 1 Mar - 21:21

Me too!!!
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  leish Sat 1 Mar - 21:25

Although I can't help but wonder why the hole is on the back of its neck and not where its tail would be?! Shouldn't the string come out looking like its tail? But I still love it! LOL. Wink

leish

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Sun 2 Mar - 8:14

Hole on back of neck is for a little pair of scissors that makes its 'ears' it should also have somewhere for the string to come out the back Smile hon john's example shows with the scissors 

http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t1431-hon-john-would-like-to-know-who-made-this-string-mouse?highlight=mouse
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Post  Thelma Sun 2 Mar - 8:35

Hmm, I have seen pictures of these but never found one in a shop. My collection (vast) is incomplete!  Sad 
Thelma
Thelma

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryr Sun 2 Mar - 10:04

Thelma one of these days I am going to come and see your collection!
Maryr
Maryr

Back to top Go down

Post  leish Sun 2 Mar - 20:28

Cat-a-lat wrote:Hole on back of neck is for a little pair of scissors that makes its 'ears' it should also have somewhere for the string to come out the back Smile hon john's example shows with the scissors 

http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t1431-hon-john-would-like-to-know-who-made-this-string-mouse?highlight=mouse

Oh my goodness that is tooooooooo cute!!!!! Love love love.
Now I desperately want one. Wink

leish

Back to top Go down

Post  Thelma Sun 2 Mar - 20:38

Maryr, you are most welcome to have a browse, just give me plenty of warning first so I can get out boxes, plus get rid of hubby for a while, I don't think he would want to know just how much I have salted away here! (ahem!)  Embarassed 
Thelma
Thelma

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryr Sun 2 Mar - 20:43

Hah funny will do. My hubby knows exactly how many boxes I have cos he had to lug them when we moved house... He grumbled a bit.
Maryr
Maryr

Back to top Go down

Post  Thelma Thu 6 Mar - 23:10

Well talk about coincidence! Just a few days after mentioning the fact that I have not seen a string mouse for sale, I find one in an op shop today! Filthy black but scrubbed up well and now sitting on bench with scissors and string.  Very Happy 
Thelma
Thelma

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryr Fri 7 Mar - 6:27

True happiness. I don't think they turn up that often. Does it feel like temuka to you.?
Maryr
Maryr

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Fri 7 Mar - 7:36

Great find! Am happy for you, and not envious Wink  at all! alien
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Post  Thelma Fri 7 Mar - 9:47

scratch Thanks. I am divided on the Temuka aspect. I looked at the bottom and first thought, hmm, the clay is a lot whiter, Riverstone clay is off-white. Then the glaze has subtle differences compared to my sugar bowl and coffee cup that I grabbed out of the cupboard. Little starbursts of goldy colour that are not on mouse. I will read my books in the weekend. I am still pleased to have it even if it turns out to be made somewhere else.  Smile 
Thelma
Thelma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 7 Mar - 9:58

A great find Thelma.. I'm relying on you to suss out the maker now if its not Temuka
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17868
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 30 Sep - 18:08

This has been confirmed as made by Temuka by Brian Herron on the Facebook Temuka page cheers
Ev
Ev
Admin

Maryr and Cat-a-lat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Thu 30 Sep - 18:25

Very cool! Good to have it confirmed
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sat 1 Jun - 7:13

Thanks to Melita for comparing the clay and glazes to Temuka, the conclusion is that they do not match.
However the Made In New Zealand stamp matches the little mini chamber pot, so we need to find out who made them both.

This string mouse is not Temuka, so who made it? Potty10

This string mouse is not Temuka, so who made it? Potty_10

This string mouse is not Temuka, so who made it? Potty_11
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: