NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large bowl with unknown mark.
Clay Craft casserole with both handles... for gallery EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
Clay Craft casserole with both handles... for gallery EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
Clay Craft casserole with both handles... for gallery EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
Clay Craft casserole with both handles... for gallery EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
Clay Craft casserole with both handles... for gallery EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
Clay Craft casserole with both handles... for gallery EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
Clay Craft casserole with both handles... for gallery EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
Clay Craft casserole with both handles... for gallery EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

» Martin McLean
Clay Craft casserole with both handles... for gallery EmptyYesterday at 8:48 by Ev

Clay Craft casserole with both handles... for gallery

3 posters

Go down

Clay Craft casserole with both handles... for gallery Empty Clay Craft casserole with both handles... for gallery

Post  Maryr Sat 12 Apr - 17:29

I should never be let loose in the North Shore charity shops.. this cost me $25 but I have been coveting one ever since I saw Jeremy's which alas got broken in the post. It is 19 cm tall to the top of the lid, and 18 cm across the opening.. Jeremy if you read this can you pls check it is the same size as yours.
Clay Craft casserole with both handles... for gallery X_clay12

Clay Craft casserole with both handles... for gallery X_clay13
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1971
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Clay Craft casserole with both handles... for gallery Empty Change for gallery

Post  Maryr Sat 12 Apr - 20:04

Ev this pic of the two handled casserole should replace pic of the the single handed casserole in Clay Craft. The single handled casserole has one handle broken.
Maryr
Maryr

Back to top Go down

Clay Craft casserole with both handles... for gallery Empty Re: Clay Craft casserole with both handles... for gallery

Post  Ev Sun 13 Apr - 8:00

That thought came to me as I was drifting off to sleep last night ~_~
Done!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Clay Craft casserole with both handles... for gallery Empty Re: Clay Craft casserole with both handles... for gallery

Post  Jeremy Ashford Mon 14 Apr - 0:24

This is a larger casserole than my one, which is 140OD at top.

That makes at least three different sizes in this shape.

My original posting, including a photo with handle reattached is here:

http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t4361-ring-handled-casserole-clay-craft#15211

The copy pot by "AW" in a smaller size (112OD), which I have called a sugar bowl is here:

http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t4573-ring-handle-sugar-by-aw-clay-craft-mould#16239

I have seen another size between these two also.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 14 Apr - 7:29

So should I post your original casserole as a Medium one Jeremy?
I'm not sure about the little one as it has all of the hall markings of a hobby ceramic piece .... ?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryr Mon 14 Apr - 7:39

Sounds sensible to post Jeremy's medium but agreed the small one looks like hobby ceramics. These casseroles are classy - nice design and I believe you would describe them as high fired; mine is heavy but not unduly thick, with a well fitting lid. Incidentally very few NZ casseroles have a steam hole in the lid tho this was common practice overseas eg Denby.
Maryr
Maryr

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Mon 14 Apr - 9:23

Yes, I agree.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum