NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large bowl with unknown mark.
Orzel Irish Coffee mug with Orzel leaflet for gallery. EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
Orzel Irish Coffee mug with Orzel leaflet for gallery. EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
Orzel Irish Coffee mug with Orzel leaflet for gallery. EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
Orzel Irish Coffee mug with Orzel leaflet for gallery. EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
Orzel Irish Coffee mug with Orzel leaflet for gallery. EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
Orzel Irish Coffee mug with Orzel leaflet for gallery. EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
Orzel Irish Coffee mug with Orzel leaflet for gallery. EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
Orzel Irish Coffee mug with Orzel leaflet for gallery. EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

» Martin McLean
Orzel Irish Coffee mug with Orzel leaflet for gallery. EmptyYesterday at 8:48 by Ev

Orzel Irish Coffee mug with Orzel leaflet for gallery.

3 posters

Go down

Orzel Irish Coffee mug with Orzel leaflet for gallery. Empty Orzel Irish Coffee mug with Orzel leaflet for gallery.

Post  haselnuss Thu 5 Mar - 12:07

I found this for $5 in Levin. It is great to see the leaflet intact.
Orzel Irish Coffee mug with Orzel leaflet for gallery. Dscn6516
Orzel Irish Coffee mug with Orzel leaflet for gallery. Dscn6517
haselnuss
haselnuss

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Orzel Irish Coffee mug with Orzel leaflet for gallery. Empty Re: Orzel Irish Coffee mug with Orzel leaflet for gallery.

Post  Ev Thu 5 Mar - 12:15

Just Brilliant haselnuss !!!!
Hemara also made these under his name which I will add to the Hemara Gallery -

https://www.newzealandpottery.net/t4360-who-made-these-irish-coffee-mugs-hemara-or-another-nz-pottery?highlight=irish
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Orzel Irish Coffee mug with Orzel leaflet for gallery. Empty Re: Orzel Irish Coffee mug with Orzel leaflet for gallery.

Post  Jeremy Ashford Thu 5 Mar - 15:02

What a bonus getting that little document.

I think the Orzel ones are unmarked on base (as mine is) so beyond guessing the obvious, which of course it is, the only confirmation we have had has been the Hemara mark (I have one of those too courtesy of Kat). I can add the Orzel one to my Orzel mugs collection officially now: it is already on the shelf.

I had been wondering about the Orzel pottery, whether it was earthenware or stoneware, as other potteries such as Kermico and Teal worked exclusively in stoneware. "High Fired Ceramic" suggests the latter.

Is that right, Ev?
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 5 Mar - 15:38

I would say that Orzel used earthenware clay as did Crown Lynn. I've always assumed that to be the case, as sometimes their output has been mistaken for Crown Lynn but it would be good to have an official statement.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum