NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey?   Plus Majorie Bolam EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey?   Plus Majorie Bolam EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey?   Plus Majorie Bolam EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey?   Plus Majorie Bolam EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey?   Plus Majorie Bolam EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey?   Plus Majorie Bolam EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey?   Plus Majorie Bolam EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey?   Plus Majorie Bolam EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey?   Plus Majorie Bolam EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey? Plus Majorie Bolam

5 posters

Go down

Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey?   Plus Majorie Bolam Empty Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey? Plus Majorie Bolam

Post  Maryr Tue 29 Sep - 15:35

These are all very similar in style, glaze and mark to Elizabeth Beechey. Here's a link to her work.
https://www.newzealandpottery.net/t6689-elizabeth-beechey?highlight=beechey
Maybe a group worked together? Or maybe I am imagining things....
Spoon container by CW. Glaze very similar to Elizabeth Beechey but slightly different
Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey?   Plus Majorie Bolam X_cw_s10Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey?   Plus Majorie Bolam X_cw_s11
Mug and jug by ER
Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey?   Plus Majorie Bolam X_er_b10Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey?   Plus Majorie Bolam X_er_b11Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey?   Plus Majorie Bolam X_er_b12Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey?   Plus Majorie Bolam X_er_b13
and last, a jug by MB. This one has a foot ring.
Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey?   Plus Majorie Bolam X_mb_j10Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey?   Plus Majorie Bolam X_mb_j11
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey?   Plus Majorie Bolam Empty Re: Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey? Plus Majorie Bolam

Post  Ev Tue 29 Sep - 18:44

I'm very familiar with the MB mark, but will need to check it out as nothing is coming through .......
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17728
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey?   Plus Majorie Bolam Empty Re: Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey? Plus Majorie Bolam

Post  Kat & Co. Tue 29 Sep - 19:34

I think that maybe Majorie Bolam's mark cat
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2311
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  teaandcoffee Tue 29 Sep - 21:14

This is just a question - do you think the ER looks like the EB of Elizabeth Beechey? I wonder if the EB was her maiden name and ER her married initials or vice versa.

teaandcoffee

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2012-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 30 Sep - 7:30

Kat & Co. wrote:I think that maybe Majorie Bolam's mark cat

Thanks Kat, that's the name.  I will put her into the Gallery Smile

Crikey even Google wants me to put the R into Majorie .... I hope that the NZPotters have the right spelling! They have been wrong many times before!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17728
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey?   Plus Majorie Bolam Empty a new mark for "ER"

Post  Jeremy Ashford Fri 16 Sep - 13:10

Here's a mug clearly by the same "ER" but with the initials stamped instead of incised.
Similar style to Elizabeth Beechey?   Plus Majorie Bolam Er10
8cm H, marked "ER" as shown
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum