NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
The Crown Lynn Roadshow 15.11.15 EmptyToday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
The Crown Lynn Roadshow 15.11.15 EmptyToday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
The Crown Lynn Roadshow 15.11.15 EmptyToday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
The Crown Lynn Roadshow 15.11.15 EmptyYesterday at 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
The Crown Lynn Roadshow 15.11.15 EmptyYesterday at 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
The Crown Lynn Roadshow 15.11.15 EmptyYesterday at 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
The Crown Lynn Roadshow 15.11.15 EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
The Crown Lynn Roadshow 15.11.15 EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
The Crown Lynn Roadshow 15.11.15 EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

The Crown Lynn Roadshow 15.11.15

Go down

The Crown Lynn Roadshow 15.11.15 Empty The Crown Lynn Roadshow 15.11.15

Post  Ev Mon 16 Nov - 9:46

What a fun day, seeing people bringing in their treasures to be valued.  The turnout wasn't as big as the last Roadshow that I went to, but there was plenty of excellent Crown Lynn that turned up.  I may as well add that there was also an English Midwinter teaset that came to be valued and a Barry Brickell pot and a Shrimp jug ...?  
Jonno came and brought some lovely pieces with him and I especially loved his tiny miniature handpotted vase.  He stayed to watch the fun and Val Monk brought in a box of treasures for Manos and James Parkinson to value too.  
I finally got to meet Juliet Hawkins who designed the Last Wave pattern as well as many others.  She told me that the designers didn't name the patterns as this was done by others.
I will come back and add more later.... in the meantime here is a link to some highlight photos on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/CrownLynnPotteries/photos/pcb.982066711857812/982066015191215/?type=3&theater

The funniest thing to turn up was a bisque 170 female swan that was probably painted by Salisbury's as it had the remains of some white paint on one wing. She was cracked and glued and covered in dirt and had a big hole in her base. The owner had paid $5 to have her valued and the guys said the best thing to do with her was put her in the garden. Owner said he had found her at a refuse centre and thought he would donate her to the Portage Museum, but nobody seemed keen!!!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum