NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mark James Canvastown Marlborough
ruskin - Blue Purple Glaze Vase .... is this the so called Ruskin ware? EmptyToday at 7:23 by Ev

» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
ruskin - Blue Purple Glaze Vase .... is this the so called Ruskin ware? EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
ruskin - Blue Purple Glaze Vase .... is this the so called Ruskin ware? EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
ruskin - Blue Purple Glaze Vase .... is this the so called Ruskin ware? EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
ruskin - Blue Purple Glaze Vase .... is this the so called Ruskin ware? EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
ruskin - Blue Purple Glaze Vase .... is this the so called Ruskin ware? EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
ruskin - Blue Purple Glaze Vase .... is this the so called Ruskin ware? EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
ruskin - Blue Purple Glaze Vase .... is this the so called Ruskin ware? EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
ruskin - Blue Purple Glaze Vase .... is this the so called Ruskin ware? EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

Blue Purple Glaze Vase .... is this the so called Ruskin ware?

4 posters

Go down

ruskin - Blue Purple Glaze Vase .... is this the so called Ruskin ware? Empty Blue Purple Glaze Vase .... is this the so called Ruskin ware?

Post  Kat & Co. Wed 17 Feb - 10:06

Big 27cmh with beautiful glaze that looks CL but the number & shape are not right..
who made this vase? cat
ruskin - Blue Purple Glaze Vase .... is this the so called Ruskin ware? Img_4210
ruskin - Blue Purple Glaze Vase .... is this the so called Ruskin ware? Img_4211
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2311
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

ruskin - Blue Purple Glaze Vase .... is this the so called Ruskin ware? Empty Re: Blue Purple Glaze Vase .... is this the so called Ruskin ware?

Post  Thelma Wed 17 Feb - 10:47

Early Teal? I have a little pot with a similar blue glaze?
Thelma
Thelma

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

ruskin - Blue Purple Glaze Vase .... is this the so called Ruskin ware? Empty Re: Blue Purple Glaze Vase .... is this the so called Ruskin ware?

Post  Ev Wed 17 Feb - 15:06

Ooooo Kat these pots intrigue me with their stunning blues/purples amazing glazes.
People list these on Trade Me as Crown Lynn experimental Specials Ruskin glazes. But I'm not sure who made them. I am recording all of the different shapes and numbers in the hopes that one day the penny will drop .. .. .. Lucky Kat cat
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17729
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Wed 17 Feb - 16:43

Ah that's where I had seen these before...the glaze is very CL looking.. I have a torpedo vase that looks the same glaze. Cool
ruskin - Blue Purple Glaze Vase .... is this the so called Ruskin ware? Img_4214
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Back to top Go down

Post  mike67 Wed 17 Feb - 17:40

I have also wondered what this little pot is. Similar mark 138 in center with something around the base. Very CL looking type glaze and some age to it?? I have seen that lettering on early Teal I think.
ruskin - Blue Purple Glaze Vase .... is this the so called Ruskin ware? Img_9411
ruskin - Blue Purple Glaze Vase .... is this the so called Ruskin ware? Img_9412
mike67
mike67

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 16 Mar - 18:11

Saw one of these vases at Restore East Tamaki today and photographed it.
The weight felt right for Crown Lynn, but the hand written number wasn't like any that the Ambrico Specials did.  I see two of these sold the other day for $200
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1275947043
and please take Nick with a grain of salt, though I do love his listings Wink

The glaze is exquisite, the clay is odd and dark from what I could see and I don't think they are Ambrico, Ruskin, Specials, or Crown Lynn.  There seem to be quite a few around as they pop up on Trade Me on a regular basis.  We just need to find out who made them !!  I didn't buy this one as it was too expensive for an unknown maker!

ruskin - Blue Purple Glaze Vase .... is this the so called Ruskin ware? Ruskin10

Number 98 or 86 ???

ruskin - Blue Purple Glaze Vase .... is this the so called Ruskin ware? Ruskin11
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 12 Apr - 17:21

Perhaps James Plant Pottery from England made these wonderful pots Kat

Last edited by Ev on Tue 5 Dec - 12:55; edited 1 time in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Thu 12 Apr - 19:07

Awesum to have this mystery sorted out, when do we think they came to NZ 1920's? cat
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum