NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is this black dish Crown Lynn 356 “Wet and Dry”
Who is the potter BH from Te Aroha please?  Also ES Te Aroha is Esme Smeeth.   EmptyToday at 15:01 by kitsch

» Is this Titian Studio? No it's Diana Pottery Australia!
Who is the potter BH from Te Aroha please?  Also ES Te Aroha is Esme Smeeth.   EmptyToday at 11:51 by kitsch

» Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please
Who is the potter BH from Te Aroha please?  Also ES Te Aroha is Esme Smeeth.   EmptyToday at 10:34 by kitsch

» Is this “Shell” shaped vase NZ pottery
Who is the potter BH from Te Aroha please?  Also ES Te Aroha is Esme Smeeth.   EmptyToday at 10:14 by kitsch

» Is this large brown painted bowl Crown Lynn please?
Who is the potter BH from Te Aroha please?  Also ES Te Aroha is Esme Smeeth.   EmptyToday at 10:10 by kitsch

» Is this Crown Lynn Shape No. 42?
Who is the potter BH from Te Aroha please?  Also ES Te Aroha is Esme Smeeth.   EmptyToday at 8:21 by kitsch

» Is this Crown Lynn shape no.10!
Who is the potter BH from Te Aroha please?  Also ES Te Aroha is Esme Smeeth.   EmptyToday at 8:19 by kitsch

» Temuka Maori motif wall vase
Who is the potter BH from Te Aroha please?  Also ES Te Aroha is Esme Smeeth.   EmptyYesterday at 16:15 by Ev

» Temuka ware factory seconds
Who is the potter BH from Te Aroha please?  Also ES Te Aroha is Esme Smeeth.   EmptyYesterday at 7:53 by Melita

Who is the potter BH from Te Aroha please? Also ES Te Aroha is Esme Smeeth.

4 posters

Go down

Who is the potter BH from Te Aroha please?  Also ES Te Aroha is Esme Smeeth.   Empty Who is the potter BH from Te Aroha please? Also ES Te Aroha is Esme Smeeth.

Post  mumof1 Wed 2 Mar - 17:23

Who is the potter BH from Te Aroha please?  Also ES Te Aroha is Esme Smeeth.   Dsc09410
Who made this bowl please, I have searched the site, but came up with nothing
Who is the potter BH from Te Aroha please?  Also ES Te Aroha is Esme Smeeth.   Dsc09411
The base is signed BH and stamped Te Aroha, but I can't find anything online.
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Who is the potter BH from Te Aroha please?  Also ES Te Aroha is Esme Smeeth.   Empty Re: Who is the potter BH from Te Aroha please? Also ES Te Aroha is Esme Smeeth.

Post  mumof1 Thu 3 Mar - 7:53

Thought I would mention that initially I thought this was Roy Addison signed hastily.
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Who is the potter BH from Te Aroha please?  Also ES Te Aroha is Esme Smeeth.   Empty Re: Who is the potter BH from Te Aroha please? Also ES Te Aroha is Esme Smeeth.

Post  Miramoran Mon 11 Mar - 20:55

Did you ever find out? I found three wine goblets with the same Te Aroha stamp, but with the initials E.S. in New Plymouth last week and was hoping to find out where these are from. Also- is that a wine carafe in your profile picture? It looks the same style as my wine goblets. Who is the potter BH from Te Aroha please?  Also ES Te Aroha is Esme Smeeth.   3b180510
Who is the potter BH from Te Aroha please?  Also ES Te Aroha is Esme Smeeth.   B305c410

Miramoran

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2019-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 13 Mar - 10:56

Hi there, still no clues as to who made these pots stamped with Te Aroha, sorry.

Last edited by Ev on Wed 13 Mar - 12:36; edited 1 time in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17629
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Wed 13 Mar - 12:29

"Also- is that a wine carafe in your profile picture? It looks the same style as my wine goblets."

Sorry Miramoran, the carafe was made by Frederica Ernsten, not related to your goblets. Te Aroha stamp is still a mystery to me.
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Miramoran Wed 13 Mar - 12:33

Thanks both! Mumof1- if you can recommend any potter who sells carafes I would be very grateful!

Miramoran

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Wed 13 Mar - 12:42

Where do you live? Also, take a look on Trade Me, there are always a few on there under 'other NZ manufacturers'.
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Miramoran Wed 13 Mar - 12:43

Hamilton. Thank you I’ll look at TradeMe!

Miramoran

Back to top Go down

Who is the potter BH from Te Aroha please?  Also ES Te Aroha is Esme Smeeth.   Empty ES Te Aroha

Post  JanPots Thu 28 May - 15:16

Ev
The back- stamp " ES Te Aroha " I can't find it in the NZ potter marks - have I missed it? or does this one need to be added?
Ive looked under E S T and A and the unnamed ones cyclops
Who is the potter BH from Te Aroha please?  Also ES Te Aroha is Esme Smeeth.   Nz_ite11
Who is the potter BH from Te Aroha please?  Also ES Te Aroha is Esme Smeeth.   Nz_ite10
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 28 May - 15:41

Can you add it to the Mystery Mark's Gallery as E S please Janice with a link to here and that way it will be on the www and hopefully someone will let us know who they are Smile
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17629
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Fri 5 Jun - 14:06

Esme Smeeth. She is now in her 80.s and living in Australia
Information was given by a lady called Angela who lives in Te Aroha
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum