NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
How old are these Royal Oak items? Also are they authentic? EmptyToday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
How old are these Royal Oak items? Also are they authentic? EmptyToday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
How old are these Royal Oak items? Also are they authentic? EmptyToday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
How old are these Royal Oak items? Also are they authentic? EmptyYesterday at 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
How old are these Royal Oak items? Also are they authentic? EmptyYesterday at 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
How old are these Royal Oak items? Also are they authentic? EmptyYesterday at 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
How old are these Royal Oak items? Also are they authentic? EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
How old are these Royal Oak items? Also are they authentic? EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
How old are these Royal Oak items? Also are they authentic? EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

How old are these Royal Oak items? Also are they authentic?

3 posters

Go down

How old are these Royal Oak items? Also are they authentic? Empty How old are these Royal Oak items? Also are they authentic?

Post  lexii27 Thu 17 Aug - 3:46

Hi, My husbands boss is in the process of moving and gave my husband a big box of nic-nacs his wife no longer wanted. In that box was this beautiful (im guessing) tea set? The tea pot has a Royal Oak Pottery sticker, There are also 6 mugs, and im guessing it's a little sugar pot. One of the mugs doesn't contain as much white as the rest as pictured. Also I've noticed nothing is uniform so hand made? I have no idea about pottery and google isn't helping me very much either. Hope I can better understand this gorgeous little treasure. Thanks

How old are these Royal Oak items? Also are they authentic? 20883810
How old are these Royal Oak items? Also are they authentic? 20904110
How old are these Royal Oak items? Also are they authentic? 20904510
How old are these Royal Oak items? Also are they authentic? 20906810
How old are these Royal Oak items? Also are they authentic? 20907010
How old are these Royal Oak items? Also are they authentic? 20930410
How old are these Royal Oak items? Also are they authentic? 20930510
How old are these Royal Oak items? Also are they authentic? 20930910
How old are these Royal Oak items? Also are they authentic? 20945210

lexii27

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-08-16

Back to top Go down

How old are these Royal Oak items? Also are they authentic? Empty Re: How old are these Royal Oak items? Also are they authentic?

Post  Ev Thu 17 Aug - 7:03

Hi there, these pieces were made using the slipcast method, which is the way most commercial pottery is made. The sticker was used by Royal Oak from around 1975 and was used for many years.
The glaze is distinctively Royal Oak and I do like the way the white and brown react.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

How old are these Royal Oak items? Also are they authentic? Empty Re: How old are these Royal Oak items? Also are they authentic?

Post  Jeremy Ashford Thu 17 Aug - 9:50

Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum