NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
plate - Help for a pottery newbie! Two bowls and a plate.  EmptyToday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
plate - Help for a pottery newbie! Two bowls and a plate.  EmptyToday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
plate - Help for a pottery newbie! Two bowls and a plate.  EmptyToday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
plate - Help for a pottery newbie! Two bowls and a plate.  EmptyYesterday at 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
plate - Help for a pottery newbie! Two bowls and a plate.  EmptyYesterday at 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
plate - Help for a pottery newbie! Two bowls and a plate.  EmptyYesterday at 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
plate - Help for a pottery newbie! Two bowls and a plate.  EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
plate - Help for a pottery newbie! Two bowls and a plate.  EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
plate - Help for a pottery newbie! Two bowls and a plate.  EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

Help for a pottery newbie! Two bowls and a plate.

2 posters

Go down

plate - Help for a pottery newbie! Two bowls and a plate.  Empty Help for a pottery newbie! Two bowls and a plate.

Post  Fafftastic Mon 14 Jan - 20:48

Hello, I bought some pottery on my travels around the South Island but am really struggling to find anything about the marks. Would love to know where they came from. There is a black and blue plate (can't make out that mark at all), a green and blue bowl (AB mark) and a brown and blue bowl (?te Kiri?). Thanks so much for any help! plate - Help for a pottery newbie! Two bowls and a plate.  Img_2010
plate - Help for a pottery newbie! Two bowls and a plate.  Img_2011
plate - Help for a pottery newbie! Two bowls and a plate.  Img_2012

Fafftastic

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2019-01-14

Back to top Go down

plate - Help for a pottery newbie! Two bowls and a plate.  Empty Re: Help for a pottery newbie! Two bowls and a plate.

Post  Fafftastic Mon 14 Jan - 20:51

Here's pictures of the pieces themselvesplate - Help for a pottery newbie! Two bowls and a plate.  Img_2013
plate - Help for a pottery newbie! Two bowls and a plate.  Img_2014
plate - Help for a pottery newbie! Two bowls and a plate.  Img_2015

Fafftastic

Back to top Go down

plate - Help for a pottery newbie! Two bowls and a plate.  Empty Re: Help for a pottery newbie! Two bowls and a plate.

Post  Ev Tue 15 Jan - 7:46

Hi there and welcome to the site Smile
I can only help you with the first photo that has the red clay. This is Te Rona pottery and they were based at Temuka in the South Island. The Lovatt family ran the pottery from 1966 to 1992.
I don't know who made the other pieces, but hopefully someone does.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Fafftastic Tue 15 Jan - 12:37

Hi Ev. Thanks so much for your help!

Fafftastic

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum