NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
Round bowl - mark ID please?  This was made by Barry Brickell. EmptyToday at 14:01 by Kotuku

» Studio ceramics " bugger mugs " plate
Round bowl - mark ID please?  This was made by Barry Brickell. EmptyYesterday at 6:28 by JanPots

» Pottery marks
Round bowl - mark ID please?  This was made by Barry Brickell. EmptyThu 9 May - 19:01 by Bold90s

» Neil Grant
Round bowl - mark ID please?  This was made by Barry Brickell. EmptyThu 9 May - 12:51 by Ev

» Orange and Brown amazing pattern
Round bowl - mark ID please?  This was made by Barry Brickell. EmptyWed 8 May - 7:51 by Ev

» Glenn Beattie
Round bowl - mark ID please?  This was made by Barry Brickell. EmptyWed 8 May - 7:40 by Ev

» Rancich/Silva Shape 58
Round bowl - mark ID please?  This was made by Barry Brickell. EmptyMon 6 May - 14:46 by JanPots

» NOT a Sherwood Pottery Galleon, as Made in Japan
Round bowl - mark ID please?  This was made by Barry Brickell. EmptyMon 6 May - 8:45 by Ev

» Minna Bondy
Round bowl - mark ID please?  This was made by Barry Brickell. EmptySun 5 May - 7:29 by Ev

Round bowl - mark ID please? This was made by Barry Brickell.

2 posters

Go down

Round bowl - mark ID please?  This was made by Barry Brickell. Empty Round bowl - mark ID please? This was made by Barry Brickell.

Post  VikiM Mon 9 Aug - 11:24

Any help with the mark on this lovely bowl please, it’s a bit tricky as it’s not complete. Looks to me like a wagon wheel… I cld be wrong Smile Round bowl - mark ID please?  This was made by Barry Brickell. 8ce7db10
Round bowl - mark ID please?  This was made by Barry Brickell. E5e11f10
Round bowl - mark ID please?  This was made by Barry Brickell. 91a9bc10

VikiM

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2021-04-09

Back to top Go down

Round bowl - mark ID please?  This was made by Barry Brickell. Empty Re: Round bowl - mark ID please? This was made by Barry Brickell.

Post  Ev Mon 9 Aug - 11:28

This looks like a wheel mark to me and the glaze reminds me of Barry Brickell too.

I will ask the Ferret to confirm, as he knows Barry's work and mark better than I do.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17742
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

VikiM likes this post

Back to top Go down

Round bowl - mark ID please?  This was made by Barry Brickell. Empty Re: Round bowl - mark ID please? This was made by Barry Brickell.

Post  VikiM Mon 9 Aug - 11:32

Ev wrote:This looks like a wheel mark to me and the glaze reminds me of Barry Brickell too.

I will ask the Ferret to confirm, as he knows Barry's work and mark better than I do.

Thank you! I didn’t like to get ahead of myself. It’s a lovely bowl. Many thanks for your help

VikiM

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 9 Aug - 14:34

The Ferret has confirmed that this was made by Barry Brickell and is his 8 spoke wheel mark.

I will move this into the Barry Brickell category and add his name to the title Very Happy
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17742
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

VikiM likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  VikiM Mon 9 Aug - 15:00

Well that is very exciting find. Thank you both for your help. It is a beautiful piece Smile

VikiM

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum