NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Neil Grant
2147 Medium Speckled Swan may not be made by Crown Lynn EmptyToday at 12:51 by Ev

» Orange and Brown amazing pattern
2147 Medium Speckled Swan may not be made by Crown Lynn EmptyYesterday at 7:51 by Ev

» Glenn Beattie
2147 Medium Speckled Swan may not be made by Crown Lynn EmptyYesterday at 7:40 by Ev

» Rancich/Silva Shape 58
2147 Medium Speckled Swan may not be made by Crown Lynn EmptyMon 6 May - 14:46 by JanPots

» NOT a Sherwood Pottery Galleon, as Made in Japan
2147 Medium Speckled Swan may not be made by Crown Lynn EmptyMon 6 May - 8:45 by Ev

» Minna Bondy
2147 Medium Speckled Swan may not be made by Crown Lynn EmptySun 5 May - 7:29 by Ev

» Jan Gillespie
2147 Medium Speckled Swan may not be made by Crown Lynn EmptyWed 1 May - 8:02 by Kat & Co.

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
2147 Medium Speckled Swan may not be made by Crown Lynn EmptyTue 30 Apr - 15:34 by Maryr

» Hamilton Boys High and Old Folks Assoc. Hamilton Badgeware
2147 Medium Speckled Swan may not be made by Crown Lynn EmptyTue 30 Apr - 14:54 by JanPots

2147 Medium Speckled Swan may not be made by Crown Lynn

Go down

2147 Medium Speckled Swan may not be made by Crown Lynn Empty 2147 Medium Speckled Swan may not be made by Crown Lynn

Post  Ev Thu 20 Jul - 16:08

Very happy to hear that Crown Lynn used a speckled glaze sourced from ironsand from Bethell's Beach. cheers
However according to Ernie Cooper that was in the 1960's and the medium swans were made c1981. So this has put doubt in my mind, so I asked Tom Clark Jnr about it and he didn't know of any swans that were glazed with a speckle glaze.
The lustred swans with gold beaks were not made by Crown Lynn according to Bruce Yallop and I've seen at least 8 of those. De' Arn come to mind as they did use lustre and gold on their work.
I've seen at least 10 of these speckle glazed medium swans.
The medium swan master mould was never used by Studio Ceramics, they made one of their own. Perhaps that master mould was used to make these 'Replicas'?? Make me feel unwell pale
More research to do obviously cheers

Photo courtesy of HeatherT Very Happy

2147 Medium Speckled Swan may not be made by Crown Lynn 2147_s12
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17741
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

TonyK, Maryr and Melita like this post

Back to top Go down