NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is this black dish Crown Lynn 356 “Wet and Dry”
I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!! EmptyToday at 15:01 by kitsch

» Is this Titian Studio? No it's Diana Pottery Australia!
I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!! EmptyToday at 11:51 by kitsch

» Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please
I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!! EmptyToday at 10:34 by kitsch

» Is this “Shell” shaped vase NZ pottery
I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!! EmptyToday at 10:14 by kitsch

» Is this large brown painted bowl Crown Lynn please?
I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!! EmptyToday at 10:10 by kitsch

» Is this Crown Lynn Shape No. 42?
I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!! EmptyToday at 8:21 by kitsch

» Is this Crown Lynn shape no.10!
I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!! EmptyToday at 8:19 by kitsch

» Temuka Maori motif wall vase
I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!! EmptyYesterday at 16:15 by Ev

» Temuka ware factory seconds
I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!! EmptyYesterday at 7:53 by Melita

I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!!

+3
Kat & Co.
Thelma
Ev
7 posters

Go down

I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!! Empty I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!!

Post  Ev Sun 5 Dec - 19:07

While I was looking for the right pot plant saucer to go under a plant ..... this small pot jumped out at me!
I didn't even know I had it, but as soon as I saw it I knew that it was Made in the Philippines by Crown Lynn! I would have inheirited it from the last house as the owners were moving to Oz and left many plants in pots behind for me to take care of. Though as it's rather small a plant would soon outgrow the planter unless it was a cacti. I will take a pic when I get a chance as it's quite lovely and reminds me of a tin glaze with stains painted on top .... known as Majolica .... I don't think that's the case but anyway the stains have 'broken' beautifully in the same way. No it's definitely a clear glaze with stains handpainted on top I'm pretty sure ....? I will add the Backstamp to the Crown Lynn Backstamp Gallery too Very Happy
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17629
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!! Empty Re: I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!!

Post  Ev Wed 8 Dec - 17:09

According to Valerie Monk, Crown Lynn set up the Mayon Ceramics factory in the Philippines in 1972. This ran for 10 years closing in 1982. Hand-painted tableware and planters were made, these were designed by David Jenkins who also trained the hand decorators. These were sold to the States and Australia and some planters were sold in NZ and here is one of them Smile
Height - 9cm
Width - 10cm

I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!! Made_i10

and the backstamp..
I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!! Made_i13
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!! Empty Re: I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!!

Post  Thelma Wed 8 Dec - 18:49

Oh boohoo Sad I had one very similar to this design that got broken during an aftershock. Well, it broke when a CL small watering can fell into it. I am going to keep my eyes peeled for another one. I stll have one with a different flower pattern on it. My ones do not have any holes in the botom, I wonder if they were drilled afterwards? Anyway, it is a good feeling when you have a find like that, even better that cheap opshop finds.
Thelma
Thelma

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 9 Dec - 6:59

I hope you find another to replace your other plant pot too Smile
You are correct in thinking that the holes have been drilled at a later date.
The base inside has lots of glaze chipped off around the holes which wouldn't have happened if the holes were there before it was glazed. I hadn't picked up on that until you pointed it out.
I did wonder why they would put the backstamp where the holes were though ..... so thanks Thelma Smile
This also reminds me that there is a massive Crown Lynn mixing bowl with holes drilled in the bottom floating around somewhere .... that was left by the same house owners as the plant pot. Such a shame too !!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thelma Fri 10 Dec - 10:16

Hi, you have just reminded me that I have a large ornately patterned mixing bowl being used as a plant saucer outside, it was past being used as it was originally intended but I could not bring myself to throw it out. Rolling Eyes It is full of crazing and large cracks. Never been able to work out where it was made, no marks on the bottom. Yellowish clay with white inside, I also have a small mixing bowl of a clear glaze that is yellowish, I think it might be early CL but not sure yet. It is in good nick but I am too scared to use it in case I break it!
Thelma
Thelma

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Thu 10 Oct - 15:37

This is georgeous just my colours I love you & big size 18cmw x 15cmh cat
 I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!! Cl_phi10
I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!! Cl_phi11
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2311
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Sat 5 Jul - 12:57

Another in green & yellow with a hint of Mauve  Cool 
I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!! Cl_pla10
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2311
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Sat 5 Jul - 17:38

I have a match for yours Kat, if they are the same size.
The mauve is a nice touch.

This one is 150mm OD top by 125 H.

From Nicole's mum.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Sat 15 Jun - 18:37

This is a huge pot . Mug for size comparison.
It was only $4  Shocked  ... very happy camper lol
I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!! 20190613
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  bsan012 Sun 24 Nov - 19:10

I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!! 20191119
I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!! 20191120
I came across this set and couldn't resist! A different design from those already posted but also made in the Philippines:)

bsan012

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2019-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryr Mon 25 Nov - 15:41

Very exciting and unusual to find a full set. Lovely.
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1971
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 16 Jan - 8:08

JanPots wrote:This is a huge pot . Mug for size comparison.
It was only $4  Shocked  ... very happy camper lol
I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!! 20190613

These brown flowers look like it could be the Ligaya pattern to me.
Does anyone have that pattern in their files?
I've seen it many times on ebay, but I never kept a copy.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Thu 16 Jan - 8:57

I thought it was Ligaya pattern only from listings on Ebay
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 16 Jan - 9:12

In the Archives at the Portage Museum it shows that Ligaya is the same as Luzon, but in brown. I will add the pattern name to your photo in the Gallery thanks Janice Very Happy
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum