NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
The Crum Brick Tile and Pottery Co. Ltd staff photo from the early 1950's EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
The Crum Brick Tile and Pottery Co. Ltd staff photo from the early 1950's EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
The Crum Brick Tile and Pottery Co. Ltd staff photo from the early 1950's EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
The Crum Brick Tile and Pottery Co. Ltd staff photo from the early 1950's EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
The Crum Brick Tile and Pottery Co. Ltd staff photo from the early 1950's EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
The Crum Brick Tile and Pottery Co. Ltd staff photo from the early 1950's EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
The Crum Brick Tile and Pottery Co. Ltd staff photo from the early 1950's EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
The Crum Brick Tile and Pottery Co. Ltd staff photo from the early 1950's EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
The Crum Brick Tile and Pottery Co. Ltd staff photo from the early 1950's EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

The Crum Brick Tile and Pottery Co. Ltd staff photo from the early 1950's

3 posters

Go down

The Crum Brick Tile and Pottery Co. Ltd staff photo from the early 1950's Empty The Crum Brick Tile and Pottery Co. Ltd staff photo from the early 1950's

Post  Ev Tue 14 Dec - 7:40

Marcus was given this photo by an elderly neighbour who worked for Crum.

The Crum Brick Tile and Pottery Co. Ltd staff photo from the early 1950's Crum_p10

Marcus, I wonder if your neighbour could answer Tim's question regarding the names of all of the studio potters who fired their work in the Crum kilns in the 1950's?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17728
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

The Crum Brick Tile and Pottery Co. Ltd staff photo from the early 1950's Empty Re: The Crum Brick Tile and Pottery Co. Ltd staff photo from the early 1950's

Post  Marcus Tue 14 Dec - 7:57

Hi Ev,
He really only remembers the studio potters as being "Arty Types" , the only person in this particular photo that could be a potter is a Dutchman standing on the left hand side, middle row, eight people in.
A friend of mine mentioned that it could be Simon Engelhard?, but I'm not sure?
There are six Crum brothers in the photo, Roger, Ian, Jack, Colin, Harry and Gordon.
He's given me 25 names so far, not bad for 87 yrs old!!
:ho ho ho:

Marcus

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-08-08

Back to top Go down

The Crum Brick Tile and Pottery Co. Ltd staff photo from the early 1950's Empty Re: The Crum Brick Tile and Pottery Co. Ltd staff photo from the early 1950's

Post  TimCaulton Mon 20 Dec - 16:26

I just counted 68 people there
TimCaulton
TimCaulton

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum