NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Tea pot ID help please. This was made by David Griffith
Happy 3rd birthday to us!  Plus now it's our 8th Birthday today! EmptyToday at 8:48 by CrownPrince

» LARGE POTTERY WALL HANGING VESSEL - HELP TO ID MAKER
Happy 3rd birthday to us!  Plus now it's our 8th Birthday today! EmptyYesterday at 22:24 by Leesyloubee

» HELP TO ID MAKER MARK - WALL HANGING VESSEL it is Stephen Carter
Happy 3rd birthday to us!  Plus now it's our 8th Birthday today! EmptyYesterday at 22:23 by Leesyloubee

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
Happy 3rd birthday to us!  Plus now it's our 8th Birthday today! EmptyYesterday at 12:05 by Maryr

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
Happy 3rd birthday to us!  Plus now it's our 8th Birthday today! EmptyYesterday at 12:03 by Maryr

» Orange Air NZ pattern no namer
Happy 3rd birthday to us!  Plus now it's our 8th Birthday today! EmptyYesterday at 11:06 by Ev

» Denise Wellsford
Happy 3rd birthday to us!  Plus now it's our 8th Birthday today! EmptyYesterday at 10:42 by Ev

» Waimea Pottery
Happy 3rd birthday to us!  Plus now it's our 8th Birthday today! EmptyYesterday at 10:36 by Ev

» Janet Rogers
Happy 3rd birthday to us!  Plus now it's our 8th Birthday today! EmptyYesterday at 10:29 by Ev

Happy 3rd birthday to us! Plus now it's our 8th Birthday today!

4 posters

Go down

Happy 3rd birthday to us!  Plus now it's our 8th Birthday today! Empty Happy 3rd birthday to us! Plus now it's our 8th Birthday today!

Post  Ev Sun 28 Aug - 10:22

:party:
The 5 most viewed topics for the past year:
1.  Crown Lynn Tableware topic.
2.  Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery.
3.  Crown Lynn Tableware Patterns Gallery.
4.  Crown Lynn Swans.
5.  More New Zealand Studio Potters.

Last edited by Ev on Tue 18 Oct - 19:29; edited 2 times in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17753
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Happy 3rd birthday to us!  Plus now it's our 8th Birthday today! Empty Congratulations to us on our 8th Birthday !!!*_*

Post  Ev Sun 28 Aug - 11:19

Huge congrats to everyone on this our 8th Birthday.

Our 5 most viewed Statistics have changed slightly in the last 5 years.

1.  Gallery
2.  NZ Potters Marks Gallery
3.  Crown Lynn Tableware Patterns Gallery
4.  Crown Lynn Shapes with Four Digits Gallery
5.  Crown Lynn Shapes Catalogue 1 - 881 Gallery

So it appears that the Galleries are our most used resource and that's how it should be in this digital age.
Thanks to all who have contributed and helped to make this resource successful.

:party: :party: :party: :party:
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Happy 3rd birthday to us!  Plus now it's our 8th Birthday today! Empty Happy 8th Birthday to newzealand pottery.net !

Post  teaandcoffee Sun 28 Aug - 12:13

Congratulations and gratitude are due to you especially Ev - mid-wife, constant careful steward and occasionally ratty grandma to the site. Sending you the love :clap: I love you

teaandcoffee

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2012-04-22

Back to top Go down

Happy 3rd birthday to us!  Plus now it's our 8th Birthday today! Empty Re: Happy 3rd birthday to us! Plus now it's our 8th Birthday today!

Post  Ev Sun 28 Aug - 18:34

Thanks for your show of support T&C and it's been such a pleasure having your knowledge and deep interest in all things regarding NZ Pottery on here.
Sorry about the grumpy bits, but I'm short on patience since I gave up smoking 3 plus years ago and the alternative is not to bear thinking about, so thanks for putting up with me as I think the grumpy me is here to stay!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Happy 3rd birthday to us!  Plus now it's our 8th Birthday today! Empty Re: Happy 3rd birthday to us! Plus now it's our 8th Birthday today!

Post  ann marie Sun 28 Aug - 20:10

Thanks so much for all the knowledge - I'm a constant lurker and am blown away by the dedication of regular posters and the knowledge of you all. What a fantastic resource the site is. Can I ask, how is it backed up and how can we be sure it's not all lost in some sort of horrid tech issue? Very Happy
PS Ev, I was so impressed by your courtesy to me and my silly newbie questions - can't imagine you being grumpy!

Last edited by ann marie on Sun 28 Aug - 20:23; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Add content)

ann marie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2015-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  teaandcoffee Sun 28 Aug - 22:11

No need to apologize Ev, its all part of the fun at the fair.

teaandcoffee

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2012-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryr Mon 29 Aug - 7:10

Wow. Eight years. So much discovered, so much mor still to discover! Interesting to see the increasing interest in studio pottery.
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 29 Aug - 7:48

ann marie wrote: Can I ask, how is it backed up and how can we be sure it's not all lost in some sort of horrid tech issue?  Very Happy
Thanks for your support ann marie Smile

That's a good question regarding back up.  Our site host Forumotion supplies us with automatic back up for the site.  Twice in the last eight years we have lost all of the photos in the Galleries as these are hosted by Servimg an outside server and this was a hideously huge job to replace them all.  There are no guarantees that this won't happen again !!  Forumotion still have tech issues from time to time, like last week when all of Forumotion was down for around 5 hours and as it was the middle of the night in France, we had to wait until someone turned up to fix the problem. It was such a relief to find that everything was how it should be when it came back, as that is what happened when we lost the Gallery photos.
It's a free hosting site, but it suits our sort of site where many people can contribute towards the bigger picture. We have to pay to use Gallery space and perhaps this will be a problem one day, but for the time being it serves our purpose well thanks to the generosity of just a few members.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum